By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now that is what I am talking about! I was going to suggest a free Ustream solution since hockey falls outside of the Big South's grimy paws. But this is even better.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
OK, here comes my ignorance of the LU hockey program.

How many teams do we "field?" DI & D2, or more?

Plus, who scored that goal, & when, that I see featured by Flamerbob?

What a stinking goal! Wow!!

(My dream of LU & Cal State Long Beach meeting for the National Championship never happened when we were both in Div 2 & my son was a defenseman for Beach. Oh well....
I should have pushed the coach to schedule LU. We did come East one time, playing Rutgers, Penn, & somebody else.)
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Hi Sly,

That's very impressive. There must be games & practices going on all the time. I went into the rink that last time I was on campus, which was 2007, and I love(d) it, but thought that they had dropped the ball (not the puck, which means that the game has begun) as far as seating goes. Anything new on that front... new since 2007?

Thanks,

Jerry
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
grm wrote:Hi Sly,

That's very impressive. There must be games & practices going on all the time. I went into the rink that last time I was on campus, which was 2007, and I love(d) it, but thought that they had dropped the ball (not the puck, which means that the game has begun) as far as seating goes. Anything new on that front... new since 2007?

Thanks,

Jerry
Hey Jerry,

The goal is being scored by Alex Ovechkin against the Phoenix Coyotes. Here is the full video. I am a HUGE hockey fan, especially for Flames and the Capitals. Here is the full video of the goal.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Hi Flamer,

There was a time when I could remember every play from the Boston Bruins season - if they showed a highlight, I pretty much knew it. Now, time is a bit more scarce.

I think Alex is great, & that play is (was) spectacular. There was a grinder for the Bruins who had something similar one time (Terry O'Reilly) but Alex is routinely spectacular, although I have this feeling that he has been a bit cheap on a few of his hits. Maybe that's just the opposition speaking??

I grew up in Maine, where we had high school hockey, 3300 standing-room-only at some of the games, & it was great. It was the cities of Lewiston & Auburn, with Lewiston High, Edward Little High, & St. Dom's; and the rivalries were huge!! I played for Edward Little, graduating in the dark ages of 1963.

(Maybe shouldn't have called Terry O'Reilly a grinder. I think he had a 20 goal season or two, when
20 goals was a lot, & he fought everybody that came to town. Absolutely a Boston Town Favorite. He had the name, the work ethic, & the constitution. Definite member of the Lunch Pail Athletic Club.)

Now, let's talk Bobby Orr, the greatest hockey player ever!

Thanks -

Jerry
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]