Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By walksports
First of all, as a runner, I've always appreciated the volleyball team being one of many teams from LU and Lynchburg College that have been out on the morning of the Virginia 10-Miler volunteering on the course - the VB team specifically near Farm Basket Hill - each year.

Won't be able to make the afternoon match today against HBU or Rice tomorrow, but really enjoyed watching these ladies compete today against South Carolina.

They, especially the young ladies up front (Anna Gragg and Kaniah Williams leading the way), were having fun (those two were almost giddy at times), while competing hard, regardless of the score.

South Carolina's OH Mikayla Shields and MB Claire Edwards mucked things up the most for the Flames up front, not to mention Aubrey Ezell's serves.

The Gamecocks won 25-15, 25-22, 22-25, 25-18, but this squad is worthy of getting out to watch if you're in the Lynchburg area. (Have now been able to see the football team at SMU and Baylor, the men's basketball team at Lamar and UH and now the volleyball team at Rice.)

Only disappoinment was that the staff seemed to have checked out down 15-7 in the fourth set, when the ladies rallied to make it 19-16 before falling 25-18.
walksports wrote:First of all, as a runner, I've always appreciated the volleyball team being one of many teams from LU and Lynchburg College that have been out on the morning of the Virginia 10-Miler volunteering on the course - the VB team specifically near Farm Basket Hill - each year.

Won't be able to make the afternoon match today against HBU or Rice tomorrow, but really enjoyed watching these ladies compete today against South Carolina.

They, especially the young ladies up front (Anna Gragg and Kaniah Williams leading the way), were having fun (those two were almost giddy at times), while competing hard, regardless of the score.

South Carolina's OH Mikayla Shields and MB Claire Edwards mucked things up the most for the Flames up front, not to mention Aubrey Ezell's serves.

The Gamecocks won 25-15, 25-22, 22-25, 25-18, but this squad is worthy of getting out to watch if you're in the Lynchburg area. (Have now been able to see the football team at SMU and Baylor, the men's basketball team at Lamar and UH and now the volleyball team at Rice as I live in far north Houston - Spring to SlyFox.)

Only disappoinment was that the staff seemed to have checked out down 15-7 in the fourth set, when the ladies rallied to make it 19-16 before falling 25-18.
By walksports
Sly, are your kids running at Nike South at the end of the month at Bear Branch Sports Park in The Woodlands? If so, come introduce yourself please, as I've been the meet announcer for The Woodlands boys XC since 2012 and do both Nike South and NXN South Regional in mid-November.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We wrap up our cross country season in Mid-October as most of our Salt+Light kids play hoops.

My kids mainly running against the privates & prep schools. They are at the STE Invitational down in Westbury at Willow Waterhole. That is my favorite XC venue in Greater Houston outside of the commute. The sight lines are terrific even though the hills are rather limited.

Like many teams in The Woodlands, we practice at Terramont Park. I get in some disc golf while the kids run. I heartily approve of the location.
By walksports
I know about the Salt+Light program. The kids come out and run the Sunday Night 5K at Barbara Bush Elementary the first Sunday night of each month on a pretty frequent basis. A very good friend of mine, Bill Dwyer with Volte Endurance, hosts that and I'm out there often.

I was also at the Homeschool State XC Championship last year, which was held in Brenham.

We may have already crossed paths, but didn't know it.

I announced the UIL Region III Preview meet yesterday at Kate Barr-Ross Park in Huntsville.

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as f[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]