Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We could have some fun with this thread title.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I wonder what "the leagues Ethical Conduct Policy" is?
(I'm really happy that we don't have any ethical conduct problems at The Loo) :roll:
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts

She's obviously loyal to her school.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Holy crap, maybe Kristen Hutchens should add her.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
she definitely has some kind of attitude. I saw it displayed on the court when they lost to us a week or so ago. she got what she deserved.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
Does anybody remember back a few years ago, there was a UNC-A VB player that was suspended for same type deal? It may have even been during the tournament.
By vball11UE
Registration Days
Hi to all,
I know it's an old post, but my mom ran into this post while she was putting a scrap book together for me.
So...This is Elif Unlu.
I was surprisingly sad reading the comments so I felt the necessity to explain a couple things.

I got reprimanded in 2006 in an away game at Radford. Men's soccer team was sitting right behind where i serve, and they kept calling me names all night. At some point, they got around to insulting my parents. My coach and I repeatedly brought the issue to the ref's attention with no avail. At the end, with the help of adrenaline, I ended up doing something with my hand that I regret. Aside from costing me the player of the year, it embarrasses me to this day. It is in no way representative of the person I am.

On the issue of attitude...What you saw was not related to losing. It was always hard for me to come in to Liberty because it is a culture of very devoted people. My culture has taught me to keep my beliefs personal and practice them in private. So perhaps you can see, if you look at it from a different perspective, how someone who does not have the same belief structure could feel intimidated, frustrated and perhaps offended at times. It was not directed to any one person in particular- it was just extremely awkward for me.

So I hope you do not mind i posted on your blog, I just hoped to perhaps clear a couple things. Although this is ancient now, I would have hated to let it sit this way.
Thanks, and y'all have a nice day.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
vball11UE wrote: On the issue of attitude...What you saw was not related to losing. It was always hard for me to come in to Liberty because it is a culture of very devoted people. My culture has taught me to keep my beliefs personal and practice them in private. So perhaps you can see, if you look at it from a different perspective, how someone who does not have the same belief structure could feel intimidated, frustrated and perhaps offended at times. It was not directed to any one person in particular- it was just extremely awkward for me.

So I hope you do not mind i posted on your blog, I just hoped to perhaps clear a couple things. Although this is ancient now, I would have hated to let it sit this way.
Thanks, and y'all have a nice day.

i see, thanks for explaining your side of that issue....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for sharing Elif, and I apologize for any hurt feelings our posts have caused you. Hope you're doing well.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
Elif,

no worries. stuff happens. you were a phenomenal v-ball player. don't let one incident tarnish your memories.

heck, back in college i always thought you were pretty cute.

hope you're doing well in life.

cheers.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
matshark wrote:Elif,

no worries. stuff happens. you were a phenomenal v-ball player. don't let one incident tarnish your memories.

hope you're doing well in life.

cheers.
Are you really trying to pick her up here on Flame Fans? ;)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
matshark wrote:
Did BJ hack your account???
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
no and no. lol
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not if I wanted to see my next birthday postie lol
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I wouldnt want to hack matshark's account unless I want to have an arrow going through my head (or computer screen) from 50 yards
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
A wise decision BJ :twisted:

And no, simply this: not everyone that remembers her playing has bad memories of her or defined her by one (arguably almost justified given the circumstances) unfortunate incident. She was a very good v-ball player that posed quite a threat anytime she was on the floor and probably had/has more fans than she thought. Certainly, I don't believe anyone on here wishes her anything but the best in life.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]