Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kiwon
Whoa....what happened to this juggernaut?

22-5 on October 25.

23-10 on November 20 after being swept by a High Point team with a losing record.

Season over. Bounced out of the Big South Tournament in Quarterfinals.

This after a 2013 11-18 team made it to the Semifinals last year.

A very deflating way to end such a promising season.
By Kiwon
olldflame wrote:What happened is our 2 outside hitters went down with injuries and Pretty much our entire offense went with them.
Are OH at that much of a premium?

There are 18 girls on the roster. 14 of them played in the High Point game. Yes, some are playing hurt but such huge team success or drastic failure depends on just one or two players?

Last year, without Douglas, the losses piled up. But this year looked like they had much better depth.

Are the other teams in the same boat where the Offense is tied to one or two players or is it the particular scheme that LU runs?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not knowing anything about the other teams, I'd say it is partly the latter. weidner and Douglas were about I would reckon 75-80% of our kills on a match to match basis, and Caila stapleton was our #1 setter and she had a lot of match chemistry with the players. Willey is gonna be a good one for us but I think with the way we did things, and the chemistry our setter had with our two biggest hitters, it was a recipe for disaster when the injuries hitr
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:
olldflame wrote:What happened is our 2 outside hitters went down with injuries and Pretty much our entire offense went with them.
Are OH at that much of a premium?

There are 18 girls on the roster. 14 of them played in the High Point game. Yes, some are playing hurt but such huge team success or drastic failure depends on just one or two players?

Last year, without Douglas, the losses piled up. But this year looked like they had much better depth.

Are the other teams in the same boat where the Offense is tied to one or two players or is it the particular scheme that LU runs?
Maybe they should have used some of Solomon's wisdom to overcome their difficulties...
By Kiwon
adam42381 wrote:Maybe they should have used some of Solomon's wisdom to overcome their difficulties...
I'm sure they did. An experienced coach like Coach Pinder, with over 200 career wins, and his players sound very mature and don't seem to be ashamed of God or his Word.

The childish may hold that being Christian or blessed by God is the absence of difficulties. There is nothing further from the truth. Jesus taught his disciples in John 16:33, “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

Ask Coach Pinder, staff or players where their strength comes from and I think they all would have similar answers.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Kiwon
adam42381 wrote:Maybe they should have used some of Solomon's wisdom to overcome their difficulties...
Next, in the 'God, I see what you did there' department......

Coach Shane Pinder reviewing the 2014 season during a GameOn interview last week and explaining how three key injuries (top player, setter, top freshman) within a week of each other late in the season dramatically impacted the squad.

"You know adversity comes to all of us. You know Proverbs 24:10 says, 'If you do nothing in the day of adversity your strength will be small', talking about our faith."
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]