Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Coach Pinder has scored a major addition(s):
Honolulu (HI) Kaleo wrote:Jade Vorster will not return for 2014 season

Sophomore middle blocker Jade Vorster led the Big West with a .388 hitting percentage last season.

Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:25 am | Updated: 9:40 am, Thu Mar 20, 2014.
Hayley Musashi, Associate Sports Editor

University of Hawai‘i Rainbow Wahine volleyball head coach Dave Shoji announced Thursday morning that middle blocker Jade Vorster will not return for the 2014 season.

This season, the 6’4” middle blocker posted 162 kills while hitting a team-best .377 and putting up a team-high 105 blocks.

“Playing for the Rainbow Wahine, Coach Shoji, and the state of Hawai‘i has been an unforgettable experience,” Vorster said in a UH athletics department press release. “I will be graduating from UH this spring and plan to pursue a graduate degree in public health at Liberty University in the fall. My younger sister will be attending Liberty as well, and I look forward to spending time with her and my grandparents who live in the area. I am proud to say that I will be an alumna of the University of Hawai‘i.”

A force on the court, Vorster redshirted her first season, but has since started every game the last two seasons. The middle blocker earned all-Big West honors as a freshman and earned honorable mentions this past season.
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Calling this young lady a "complement" is................ well, not a compliment BJ. I'm going to resort to wikipedia and give you a link that will show you where she is coming from. She started every game as a true freshman and soph for this program and was all-conference both years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Rai ... volleyball

I can't imagine she won't be a dominant force against the competition we play.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I can see that as well...but I think that having her and Caroline and Nzea on the front line will work well having three big swingers in the rotation
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we're adding her little sister as well:
“We wish Jade the best of luck,” Shoji said. “She has been a major contributor these past two years, but we understand her academic situation. It’s best for her to pursue something she’s really passionate about plus she’ll get a chance to play with her sister and be closer to family.”
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]