Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By gd2000
Registration Days
Anyone have any news on this year's volleyball season? Isn't it about time for preseason practice?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't know when practice starts up but I do know that the Blue-White Scrimmage in coming up on August 27th. So the action should begin soon. We have a strong roster with Jade back for one more run at setter. I assume we are the prohibitive favorites in the Big South.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
6-0 seems to be the theme along the frontline with the returning veterans. We do have two 6-3 freshmen coming in that can give us some size if Pinder decides he cant keep them off the court
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Flames Nation wrote:What is up with Volleyball?

Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
BY JON MANSON

Ok, I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much about volleyball, and I’ve only attended a handful of Liberty volleyball matches ever. But what is up with this year’s volleyball team? Right now, they’re sitting at 1-11 on the season. Even worse, they’ve won 4 sets all year. They’ve been swept 3-0 in all but 1 of their losses. Yes they’ve faced some tough competition including 2 ranked opponents in Ohio State and Kentucky, but they’ve also played Utah State, Maryland Baltimore-County, Green Bay, etc.
Click Here for Full Story
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you guys oughta hire SPORTSCRITIC and HMO as your v-ball coverage guys

one knows what he's talking about and the other just knows everybody and owns everything else.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think that I touched on this in the other thread, but one thing you have to consider is that you have only three players on the front line returning, and as I said. with your hitters and setters, you have a relationship very similar to pitchers and catchers, especially knuckleballers (like Wakefield and RA Dickey). When a pitcher and catcher have a good relationship, they know what pitches to throw, when to throw them and where to throw them for maximum success. With a setter and a hitter, the setter, as they develop their relationship with the hitter, knows where to set the ball to ensure maximum results (kills) each time they receive, whether its on a serve or on a dig play. Craycraft has that relationship with Happel and Rollins and Johnson, but not as much in a game setting with McQuitery, Babcock and even Jeffcoat and Racz. Add to that the fact that Douglas, around whom a lot of the plays revolved outside of the three mentioned prior, as well as the greater use of Stapleton (who did not see as much action last year) and Babcock playing out of position (as I think someone else mentioned before) and you have a recipe for what can be described as a rebuilding year. That's just my $.02 on the matter
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]