Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I havent seen this mentioned on here or surprisingly the athletics site but last weekend he became #1 in all time Big South wins for the Flames. I believe the regular season championship also gave him the most championships (counting regular season and tourny champs).

He's been voted Coach of the Year for Virginia several times but the coaching job he and his staff did this year is the most impressive yet with all of the injuries they had to over come.

More important than all of that is he goes about it the right way without making any sacrifices to our mission. It's refreshing to see student athletes enter a program and leave better people...we have several programs like that on campus, but few like volleyball.

Congrats P
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Probably will go down as one of the best coaches ever on the mountain (any sport) and definitely one of the best from a personal standpoint
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So true, It gets very little attention but its really such a solid program he has built.

Well said HMO
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just did the math and if Liberty wins 20 matches a year the next two years, he can break the all time record for wins by a head coach in 2014 (198 by Chris Phillips, who ended up going to Gardner-Webb)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Pinder's a favorite of mine. If we could bottle up him and Alder and put their DNA into all of our coaches we would have something really special.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I just did the math and if Liberty wins 20 matches a year the next two years, he can break the all time record for wins by a head coach in 2014 (198 by Chris Phillips, who ended up going to Gardner-Webb)
He got more BSC wins and Championships in 2 or 3 years less than CP...I imagine total wins would be similar.

Let's just enjoy what he's doing now though.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Great thread, great team, great character, great coach.
Congrats to all - just the way it ought to be!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Congrats Coach Pinder on building such a solid and successful program.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I just did the math and if Liberty wins 20 matches a year the next two years, he can break the all time record for wins by a head coach in 2014 (198 by Chris Phillips, who ended up going to Gardner-Webb)
He got more BSC wins and Championships in 2 or 3 years less than CP...I imagine total wins would be similar.

Let's just enjoy what he's doing now though.
Agreed HMO...20 matches is the bare minimum and Im pretty certain we will do better than that
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:I havent seen this mentioned on here or surprisingly the athletics site but last weekend he became #1 in all time Big South wins for the Flames. I believe the regular season championship also gave him the most championships (counting regular season and tourny champs).

He's been voted Coach of the Year for Virginia several times but the coaching job he and his staff did this year is the most impressive yet with all of the injuries they had to over come.

More important than all of that is he goes about it the right way without making any sacrifices to our mission. It's refreshing to see student athletes enter a program and leave better people...we have several programs like that on campus, but few like volleyball.

Congrats P
+1
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Pinder's a favorite of mine. If we could bottle up him and Alder and put their DNA into all of our coaches we would have something really special.
+2
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Pinder's a favorite of mine. If we could bottle up him and Alder and put their DNA into all of our coaches we would have something really special.
+3 :D
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Coach was one of the first interviews I did early in my broadcast career...class act all the way. He definitely should be in the Liberty HoF first year eligible
By logic
BJWilliams wrote:Coach was one of the first interviews I did early in my broadcast career...class act all the way. He definitely should be in the Liberty HoF first year eligible

IF not first year, at some point definitely. Class act all the way.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yep. Agreed!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]