Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Feature from her hometown media ...
Mlive wrote:College notes: For Liberty goalkeeper Holly Van Noord, it's shutout or bust

Liberty University soccer goalkeeper Holly Van Noord makes a save in a 1-0 win over Davidson on Sept. 11, 2014. She graduated from Hudsonville Unity Christian High School, where she set state records for most shutouts in a season (24) and in a career (75). (Les Schofer | Liberty University).

By Lenny Padilla | grsports@mlive.com
on October 02, 2014 at 10:30 AM, updated October 02, 2014 at 11:29 AM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Zero isn’t technically a number.

But if it was, that would be Holly Van Noord’s favorite number. Nil, 0, naught, aught, zilch, zip … whatever you want to call it, that’s what Van Noord wants to see on the soccer scoreboard.

“It’s a big deal to me personally,” said Van Noord, a sophomore goalkeeper at Liberty University. “I try to get a shutout every single game. My team is so good at defending, it’s a team effort.”

[img]http://media.mlive.com/college_gr_impac ... ll.jpg[img]
Holly Van Noord

When the 5-foot-11 keeper was in high school at Hudsonville Unity Christian, she was known for blanking opponents. Statistically, she’s the greatest goalkeeper in the history of girls soccer in Michigan. According to the MHSAA, she holds the state record for shutouts in a season (24) and career (75) and helped the Crusaders to three Division 3 state titles.

Now she’s doing the same thing at Liberty, a Division I Christian school in Lynchburg, Va.
Click Here for Full Story
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]