Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
A couple players from JF's state championship team signed on to play at LU next year. Goalkeeper Jeremy Lee and midfielder Tyler Bullock.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/sports/2012 ... r-1657638/
Two of the players who made Jefferson Forest’s first-ever Group AA state championship run possible last spring, attacking midfielder Tyler Bullock and goalkeeper Jeremy Lee, committed to continue their soccer careers at Liberty University next fall at a ceremony held at JF on Wednesday, National Signing Day.

Bullock follows in the path of his older brother Tim, who played forward for the Flames over the past four years and will serve as the Cavaliers’ JV coach this spring, and their father Clay, who ran cross country and track at LU.
I found a great article on Lynchburg’s News & Advance by Ted Allen at: http://www2.newsadvance.com/sports/2012 ... ar-1657638

The article is about two new 2012 Liberty Flames Soccer commits (Midfielder Tyler Bullock & Goalkeeper Jeremy Lee) from local Group AA State Championship winner Jefferson Forest.

Liberty commit Tyler Bullock makes a great quote in the article (which I am always personally inspired by whenever I read comments like this from a young aspiring Liberty student athlete), when he says: “I’ve always dreamed of playing for the Liberty Flames… ever since I was a little kid…”

Welcome to the Flames family Tyler & Jeremy Lee!

May dreams come true for us all!

“Jefferson Forest's Tyler Bullock & Jeremy Lee commit to continue soccer careers at Liberty University.”
Ted Allen
2/2/2012

Two of the players who made Jefferson Forest’s first-ever Group AA state championship run possible last spring, attacking midfielder Tyler Bullock and goalkeeper Jeremy Lee, committed to continue their soccer careers at Liberty University next fall at a ceremony held at JF on Wednesday, National Signing Day.

Bullock follows in the path of his older brother Tim, who played forward for the Flames over the past four years and will serve as the Cavaliers’ JV coach this spring, and their father Clay, who ran cross country and track at LU.

"Tyler has the X factor," JF coach Jedd Zaring said. "I know he has the work ethic and the physical skills to succeed. He’s already got the speed and he is very tricky with the ball. He has the ability to take over a game, to do something to win a game, like he did in the state final against Blacksburg."

Bullock sparked a counter-attack, dribbling downfield before assisting Matthew Crider on the game-winning goal in the closing minutes of that contest at Radford University, beating the 11-time state champion Bruins.

"They’ve recruited me as an attack player," Bullock said, the same role his brother played LU the past four years. "They like my speed of play and my one-on-one skills with the ball."
He said he has dreamed of playing for the Flames "Ever since I was a little kid and my dad brought me to the games."

Lee is looking forward to joining Bullock at Liberty, where he hopes to earn a starting spot in goal in the near future.

"The idea is to come in and red-shirt my freshman year and get some college experience," said Lee, who also was recruited by Lynchburg College and ODU. "I’m going to give 110 percent.

Hopefully, I can come in and compete for a starting spot and work for it and deserve it."
Zaring believes Lee has a bright future in the cage.

"There’s a big upside for Jeremy," he said. "He’s big and tall and he’s quick as a cat so he has a combination of all the attributes you’re looking for in a Division I goalkeeper."
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
welcome aboard to both guys

(LibFan4Life I merged your thread w/ ALUMNUS' from earlier, thx tho)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jeremy Lee was named N&A Player of the year. Sounds like we got a really good one.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/sports/2012 ... r-2043700/
At 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, Jefferson Forest goalkeeper Jeremy Lee was an imposing last line of defense for the Cavaliers.

But for as big as he is in the cage, he is surprisingly athletic, with cat-like quickness and tremendous technique. He has the ability to go up in traffic to punch out an incoming shot in the air and to leap behind a wall of defenders to make a diving save at the far post.

“I haven’t seen many keepers Jeremy’s size that are as quick and agile as him,” JF coach Jedd Zaring said. “Those kids don’t come around very often. It’s been amazing to watch him develop into one of the best goalkeepers we’ve ever had at JF and one of the best I’ve ever seen in high school.”

Lee posted 11 shutouts this season and saved 93 percent of the shots that came his way. He made 100 saves for the third year in a row, letting up 14 goals as a sophomore, 12 as a junior and 10 this spring for a goals-against average lower than 0.5 per game.

Lee was named player of the year in both the Seminole District and Region III, a rarity for a goalkeeper, and earned first-team status on the Group AA all-state squad.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]