Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=8033
The No. 4 seeded Liberty Flames advanced to the conference semifinals, 5-4, over the No. 5 seeded Radford Highlanders, Thursday in the first game of the 2011 Big South Men's Soccer Championship at Greene-Harbison Stadium.

After the contest ended in a scoreless tie through 110 minutes of play, both Liberty goalkeeper Scott Sutarik and Radford goalkeeper Dane Wilson, who was inserted into the contest just for penalty kicks, made saves on the fifth kick with the kicks tied, 3-3, moving the shootout to extra penalty kicks.

After another stop by Sutarik in the eighth round of kicks, Juan F. Niño beat Wilson to advance the Flames to the next round, 5-4.
Big South feed cuts out during penalty kicks.....once again.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty just took the lead in the 48th minute. Travis Joseph with the goal.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Darren Amoo tallies another in the 51st, 2-0 LU.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Coastal cuts it to 2-1 in the 65'.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Flames pull off the HUGE upset of Coastal, 2-1!

LU will play Sunday afternoon in the championship for a chance to return to the NCAA Tournament once again.

CCU is a shoe-in for at-large bid to NCAA.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Sorry guys, I had to leave to get to the bball game tonight. I can't get the newlion stats to work on my phone.

Anyways what a great win!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
There has to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth among teams looking to sneak in for an at-large...but definitely a big win for the Flames (and the second win over a ranked team this season)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It looks like we have peaked at the right time with 4 straight wins after a very tough stretch when we had trouble scoring even against bad teams. This was a very good win. Right up there with the UVA win earlier in the year. Maybe better.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
We can't get ahead of ourselves though. There's still work to do. Gotta win the final.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just into the 2nd half ....

Kyle Breitmeyer scored in the 11th minute & Phillip Aseweh gave us another goal in the 24th minute.

G-W is playing on their homefield and is the #2 seed so I hesitate to close the books on this one quite yet.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
12 minutes into 2nd half we continue to hold a 2-0 lead. By the top of the hour, we could be champions and getting ready for NCAA tourney bracketing. Yep, I just said that with this much time left.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]