Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I am new to the Flame Fans Board. And I LOVE Liberty University!!!

I am a Liberty & Seminary Grad (2002; 2004; 2006) in Christian ministry here in Northern Utah.

I have a spectacular possible Women's Soccer recruit here in our area that is born again.

How can I pass along the appropriate information and within NCAA guidelines to Liberty about this High School recruit that I know??? I taught her Bible as her teacher at her Christian School before she transferred to her present High School two years ago. We still attend the same local Church.

She has led her team in scoring the past two years, and her team has reached the Class 4A state finals three years in a row, and won two Class 4A State Titles.

Her present High School is currently playing for the Class 4A State Semifinals tomorrow, and with a great expectation of advancing to the State Title again this year.
welcome aboard!

I'd recommend caution in approaching her personally- NCAA rules regarding booster support/contact are sorta murky.

best bet would be to contact the coaching staff and pass along her info.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
My understanding is if you have a previous relationship to her then you can talk about whatever you want to with her.

As for getting information, contact the soccer team and see if they have a recruiting questionnaire or something.
I spoke with Morgan on Sunday at Church and unfortunately see is going to sign with Ball State who she said have promised her a big piece of the pie in playing, scoring and leading the team as a key program piece. As a Liberty Alum myself - oh, how I'd love to see her playing for Liberty instead. Liberty is just the best college on the planet. I told her transfering to LU is inevitable sometime in her collegiate playing career - lol. LU is just the way to go, right? Her club team played in the championship game at Nationals this summer. She'd be a great grab for any team.
Libertyfan4life:

You may want to tell Morgan not to bank on what promises a coach has told her in regard to playing time. From experience, even at Liberty, what a coach says and does especially in regards to playing time is NO guarantee.
"You may want to tell Morgan not to bank on what promises a coach has told her in regard to playing time. From experience, even at Liberty, what a coach says and does especially in regards to playing time is NO guarantee."

Hi Northern Express,

The point that you make is quite true and valid indeed.. It is well understood. I know what you mean. I also used to be a student athlete.

You know, with what you had said sometimes even the athlete can be faulted for things not ideally working out successfully for both sides of the coin as well. And that is the nature of recruiting at times. Every student athlete's story and path is different. Some rise to epic greatness from obscurity and some heavily touted athletes spin their wheels and go nowhere in terms of their anticipated success.

I've seen Chris Lang say it every year with a recruiting class (as a general reminder to us all) that it can indeed be "a mixed bag of nuts" in terms of the brevity or longevity of the careers and trails that an athlete intends to blaze. Morgan and I talk. And she has a level head on her shoulders and though she is strongly committed to Ball State (and I'd personally love her to play for Liberty) - relationally speaking I support her decision either way. Of course I've also given Morgan an occaisonal jab or two... :D (i.e.) making sure to remind her that Liberty Football laid the smack down on her Ball State Cardinals last year :D

Ultimately, God is sovereign as the author and perfector of our lives; :D soooooo Morgan has got to spend at least a couple years at Liberty right? :D IMHO
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]