Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By drumnColby757
Registration Days Posts
So, I was up last night and realized coastal is now nationally ranked 25th, if we win sunday it will be the second ranked opponent we beat this year.

I have just started getting into soccer so I have a 2 ?'s

1. What chance do we have winning Sunday?
2. How many more high quality wins will possibly get us ranked?
3.have we ever been ranked in soccer?

thanks for any feedback

BTW Virginia has dropped from every poll I could find... not even at the bottom receiving a single point....
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
1. We have a VERY good chance I think. I talked to a friend who works for the men's team and we will hopefulyl be getting Amoo back and with him and Aseweh leading the attack we should do very well. The defense is stout too, having only allowed one goal 4 times (and didnt allow a goal in three straight matches before an own goal vs. High Point). I think we have a very good chance in this one
2. Really Coastal being ranked gives us our only remaining chance at a "quality win" (unless Wofford is ranked) so if we win on Sunday all we can do is keep winning and hope the voters see our win over UVA and our (possible) win over the Chants and give us a fair hearing.
3. Not that Im aware of...Id have to go back and check the media guide.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
No, we have never been ranked in the top 25. We have been on the outside looking in though. This team is very good and I hope to see them keep winning and get to the NCAA tourny. They only have one player that doesnt look as solid techically as every one else but if he can sort it out then this is the best team I have seen at LU in a long time. They can beat Coastal and any one else on the schedule if they play the way they are capable.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately CCU lived up to the hype ... the Chants win 3-1 despite Alex Verville giving LU the first lead of the game with a goal in the 46th minute.
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
Your team impressed me. The refs did not. They were atrocious for both sides. CCU didn't play great and the blown PK by you guys really hurt.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]