Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We now lead 2-0 with a goal from Phillip Asweh. Looking even better for us to pull that upset.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Wow. I cannot be 100% sure but this has to be the biggest win for either soccer program. Anyone?
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I remember us beating #5 Wake Forest back in the 90's. That would have to be the biggest win ever. This would be up there.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We seem to be keeping the pressure on with shots on goal. Not just sitting back on defense.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Its a final. Liberty defeats #12 UVa 2-0
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Huge WIN!!!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I think that we were overdue to beat UVA. We usually always play them tight. We tied them last year and I think that they were National Champs.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I am looking at the stats and we had a 8 - 0 advantage with shots on goal and I don't think that those shots that hit the post would have counted. We seemed to dominate by looking at that stat.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
CONGRATS!

I was at the game vs Wake Forest. That game was amazing. Would've loved to have been there tonight!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty Upends No. 12 Virginia, 2-0
September 13, 2011| Charlottesville, Va.
Liberty's Chris Phillips and Phillip Aseweh each scored goals within a three-minute span during the second half, pushing the Flames past the No. 12 Virginia Cavaliers, 2-0, at Klockner Stadium.

With Liberty's first ever victory over Virginia, the Flames move to 3-1 on the year. Liberty has won three-straight matches. In addition, the win gives head coach Jeff Alder his 100th career coaching victory. Virginia falls to 4-2.
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=7644
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I am looking at the stats and we had a 8 - 0 advantage with shots on goal and I don't think that those shots that hit the post would have counted. We seemed to dominate by looking at that stat.
LibertyFlames.com wrote:The Flames outshot Virginia, 16-12, in the contest. Liberty also held a 7-6 edge in corner kicks
excellent win... long time coming.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i was fortunate to be at the game last night and we dominated the second half. congrats to coach alder and the guys.
Couldnt happen to a better guy (Coach Alder, not you Medic)

I think I get more satisfaction in beating UVa then I do any other OOC team.
Hey Pat Kelly, want to see a heck of a coach?

Our soccer team has one.

Days like today make me appreciate things like this, or our T and F, or WBB programs SO much more.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]