Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
LibertyFlames.com wrote:"The men's soccer program has announced the signing of six student-athletes to National Letters of Intent to attend Liberty for the 2011-12 academic year.

"We are thrilled with this group of men that will be joining the Liberty Soccer family," stated Liberty head coach Jeff Alder in announcing the class. "I would like to thank my assistant coaches Dean Short and A.J. Madero for their tireless efforts during this process.

"We feel we have indentified student-athletes who will continue to represent our God and University on and off the field of play. Our returning players have embraced these guys during their official visits and we are excited to see what God has in store for this group as we continue to bridge the gap from Liberty's past to Liberty's future.

"Each of these guys has a unique quality or gift that will complement the other parts within our locker room and enhance our depth immediately."

A brief look at each student-athlete follows below:
  • Rafael Amaya, Jr. – Midfield, 5-8, 160, Aurora, Colo./Cherry Creek HS (Tyler JC)

Amaya played two seasons at Tyler, helping the Apaches win two national titles, while compiling a record of 41-0-1. The midfielder recorded seven goals and six assists during his two seasons at Tyler. Prior to attending Tyler, he was with the U17 US National Team and has trained with the Colorado Rapids youth team. Amaya's father, Rafael Amaya, played in the MLS.

Jamie Foxwell – Defender, 6-1, 180, Marysville, Mich./Marysville HS

A member of Vardar Development Academy team for the past two seasons, Foxwell attended Marysville High School where he was selected to the All-State team in 2008 and 2009. In 2010, he led the team with 14 goals over eight games, before enrolling in Homeschool online academy. He is the son of Peter and Kim Foxwell.

Timmy Hankins – Midfield/Forward, 5-9, 155, Edwardsville, Ill./Edwardsville HS (SW Illinois)

Hankins will come to Liberty after spending his a year at Western Illinois University and another at Southwestern Illinois Christian College. At Western Illinois, Hankins saw action in six games, starting three contests, as the Leathernecks earned an automatic berth to the 2009 NCAA Tournament.

In 2010, Hankins helped Southwestern Illinois to a 12-4-2 record, posting 24 points with 10 goals and four assists. The midfielder/forward is a former member of the Scott Gallagher Development Academy Team and lettered four years for Edwardsville High School. He is the son of Dave and Kathy Hankins.

Josh Pacella – Goalkeeper, 6-2, 175, Sinking Spring, Pa./Wilson HS

Pacella has been member of the U-18 PA Classics Development Academy team for the past two seasons and also competed for the Reading Revolution NPSL Men's Team from 2009-11. He was the youngest player to start a game in U-18 during the 2009 season at age 16. Pacella was selected as a goalkeeper to the 2009 EPYSA ODP State team.

At Wilson High School, he was a four year letterman while serving as team captain during his junior and senior seasons. The goalkeeper has also been an active member in his community by volunteering as a coach for Wilson's middle school girls' soccer team. He is the brother of former women's volleyball player Brittany Pacella and the son of David and Kathryn Pacella.

Jacob Sebold – Forward, 6-0, 155, Fuquay Varina, N.C./Wake Christian Academy

Sebold has been a member of both the CASL Elite and FVAA Flash club teams. He helped both club teams win NCYSA State Championships from 2004-2008. In 2005 and 2006, his team qualified and competed in the USYS National Championship. He has also been a two-time Disney Showcase and CASL shootout champion.

Sebold is a four year letterwinner at Wake Christian Academy. During his four years, he helped Wake Christian win three 3-A North Carolina Christian School Association (NCCSA) State Championships, while compiling a 96 goals and 52 assists. For his performance on the field, he has been named as an NCCSA All-State selection and in 2010, was selected by the North Carolina Soccer Coaches Association to its all-state team. For his achievements in the classroom and the community, Jacob was recognized as a Beta Club honoree. He is the son of Kevin and Debbie Sebold.

Greg Terrell – Defender, 6-3, 175, Raleigh, N.C./William G Enloe HS

Terrell, who enrolled in January at Liberty, has been a member of one of the nation's top club teams, 92 CASL Elite. The team won the NCYSA State Cup Championship and ranked as high No. 21 in the nation in 2010. In 2009, his team was a finalist at the Disney Soccer Showcase. Terrell was a two-time letterwinner at Enloe High School and is the son of William Sr. and Virginia Terrell

Austin Wyman – Forward, 5-11, 150, Asheville, N.C./AC Reynolds H.S.

Wyman has been a member of the Mississippi United Firesoccer club and the Charlotte Soccer Development Academy teams. In 2009, Austin helped his Charlotte Soccer Academy team win its division, while leading the team in scoring. Wyman attended Clinton High School in Mississippi from 2007-09, helping lead the team to the 2008-09 5A State Championship. After relocating to Asheville in 2009, he attended A.C. Reynolds High School for his final two years of high school. During his time at A.C. Reynolds, he was selected all-state and all-region in 2010. Wyman is the son of Steve and Kay Wyman."
Click here for Full Story

:cheerleader Welcome to Liberty!!!! :cheerleader
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LU Online Academy paying dividends already for LU Athletics ...
Port Huron (MI) Time-Herald wrote:Boys soccer: Jamie Foxwell headed to Liberty University
Feb 5, 2011

GOING DIVISION I: Jamie Foxwell, a former student and soccer player at Marysville High School, has signed to play soccer at Liberty University. / The Associated Press

By JOSEPH HAYES
Times Herald

Jamie Foxwell took a big leap of faith last fall when he left Marysville High School to play for a travel soccer team.

It seems the move has paid off, as Foxwell recently signed a letter of intent to play for NCAA Division I Liberty University.

"I left Marysville two weeks into the new school year," said Foxwell, who now takes online classes at the Liberty University Online Academy.
Click Here for Full Story
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Reading (PA) Eagle wrote:Originally Published: 2/10/2011
Pacella to play soccer at Liberty

Jason Guarente
Reading Eagle

Josh Pacella

Josh Pacella had options. There were roughly 25 Division I colleges ready to offer him a scholarship to play soccer.

Some of those were big-time options, including Penn State and Maryland.

Pacella, the All-Berks goalkeeper from Wilson, decided a smaller school offered the best fit.

The senior is headed to Liberty University, a Christian school located in Lynchburg, Va.

"I chose Liberty because I thought it was the best fit for me spiritually, academically and socially," Pacella said. "I love the school, and I love the people. You could just as easily ask the question: 'Why not Liberty?' It's as great a school as any other."
Click Here for Full Story
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]