Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Alannah Dunkle
Striker
Hummelstown (PA) Lower Dauphin High School

PennLive.com wrote:Dunkle headed to Liberty
Lower Dauphin junior striker Alanna Dunkle has committed to Liberty University as part of the Flames’ 2011 recruiting class.
And there is another potential commit in the same article ...
Harrisburg Christian’s 100-goal scorer
Harrisburg Christian’s Rebecca Smith has quietly put together a standout season. Smith has scored 111 career goals, and she’s only a junior. Knights’ coach Jon Bassoff said Smith is on track to finish her high school soccer career as one of the all-time top-5 scorers in the state of Pennsylvania.

Smith has attracted attention from several college teams, and is currently deciding between Liberty (Lynchburg, Va.) and Messiah.
Click Here for Full Story
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
true I did not think of that :oops: I was just thinking as a player and the level at what I would want to play at. I forget to stop and think that other people have reasons of there own.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:I was just thinking as a player and the level at what I would want to play at.
Not just in soccer, males think heavily about level, while to a lot of female recruits its a non-factor.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
soccer7 wrote:I was just thinking as a player and the level at what I would want to play at.
Not just in soccer, males think heavily about level, while to a lot of female recruits its a non-factor.

It's a factor financially for females as much as males. At D3 Messiah she would not have a scholarship. That can be deceiving however, since she could live at home, and depending on how much financial aid she can get (D3 schools can be VERY creative with this for a good athlete) , traveling to see her play in Lynchburg could end up costing her family more than what they would pay for tuition there.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:

It's a factor financially for females as much as males. At D3 Messiah she would not have a scholarship. That can be deceiving however, since she could live at home, and depending on how much financial aid she can get (D3 schools can be VERY creative with this for a good athlete) , traveling to see her play in Lynchburg could end up costing her family more than what they would pay for tuition there.
Excellent point, which further shows why its not the no-brainer that it seems to be. If they find its cheaper for the family financially, and closer, playing in D-I won't necessarily be a factor. Plus, the opportunity to win a national championship - at any level - is enticing. Messiah's staff is well-aware of all of this, I'm certain.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]