Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tulsa World wrote:BRIEF: Signing Day: Sam Duininck, Summit Christian
By Barry Lewis, Tulsa World, Okla.

Feb. 4--Sport: Soccer

College choice: Liberty

Sam Duininck was the leading scorer in Oklahoma high school football in 2009 with 295 points. Duininck's college future, however, is in soccer.

On Wednesday, he signed with Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.

"I enjoyed playing the other sports, but soccer is really my passion," Duininck said after signing.
This kid sounds like a Flame already ...
"After praying, I felt Liberty is where I need to be," Duininck said. "I have a real strong peace about Liberty. Everything seemed to lead for me to go there."
Click Here for Full Story
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
If he was truly being courted by North Carolina then this is a great pick up! I hope that there are more that signed. Any one know who else signed NLI for soccer?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Broken Arrow (OK) Ledger wrote:Duininck gets his 'Liberty'
SCA stars signs soccer pact with Virginia school
By DOUG QUINN
Sports Editor
dougq@baledger.com
Published: Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:26 PM CST

Sam Duininck and several Summit Christian Academy basketball players where “shooting around” in the school gym.

Duininck was in his element by “just hanging out with friends” until SCA football coach Keith ordered the youngsters off the court.

GOT HIS LIBERTY — Summit Christian Academy’s Sam Duininck, seated, center, smiles after signing a scholarship with Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va. Also at the table are, from left, his father, Mitch Duininck, and mother, Leah Duininck. Standing are, from left, SCA soccer coach Marc Langbartels, Amy Duininck, Cora Duininck, Joe Duininck, Daniel Duininck, SCA football coach Keith Bell and SCA Principal Dan Giddens.
DOUG QUINN/BA LEDGER

Several minutes later, Duininck was at center court – on center stage.

The small gym at Broadway and 1st streets, just off downtown Broken Arrow, was packed.

They were there to watch Duininck. This time, it wasn’t him playing football, basketball or soccer for SCA.

In a brief, hero’s-like ceremony, Duininck became the first SCA athlete to sign an NCAA Division I scholarship.

The audience, ranging from teachers, elementary students and his peers, cheered as Duininck signed to play soccer for Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.
Click Here for Full Story
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Would you believe that this is blocked at LU?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]