Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This was breaking news at the last Flames Club luncheon in May, and I'm glad that it's finally announced to the general public. 8)
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
I was hopping for a new facility to house lax and soccer but I am happy that they are getting these great addtions. This has been a much needed thing for the soccer program and I know every one is excited. Cant wait to see how it looks when it is done.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
It isn't prestigious and pristine like LC's Soccer/Lacrosse fields.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:It isn't prestigious and pristine like LC's Soccer/Lacrosse fields.
Well, our field doesn't have dead spots, or what looks like dead spots from that aerial view. I don't think LU could have possibly picked a worse looking pic to use than the one they did at the bottom.

What kind of turf will be on this stadium, grass or the artificial variety? I'm assuming grass since they will be having throwing events on it...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That picture is before the new grass went down. It's a terrible picture but shows how bad we needed to upgrade the entire place.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
another idiotic statement by shuk...LC plays on field turf....soccer is not meant to be played on field turf. In DI athletics you will not see any conference championships or NCAA college cups played on field turf. LU's field is a very nice surface. maybe that is how you people in DIII do it, but not DI. if you are gonna come on here and talk trash about my school please go the heck away. all you have ever done is come on here and make idiotic statements, and have been kicked off the board and then come back under a new name. go make an LC board..if anyone cares and talk to yourself, but do not come on this board and talk trash about my school. have a little respect.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:another idiotic statement by shuk...LC plays on field turf....soccer is not meant to be played on field turf. In DI athletics you will not see any conference championships or NCAA college cups played on field turf. LU's field is a very nice surface. maybe that is how you people in DIII do it, but not DI. if you are gonna come on here and talk trash about my school please go the heck away. all you have ever done is come on here and make idiotic statements, and have been kicked off the board and then come back under a new name. go make an LC board..if anyone cares and talk to yourself, but do not come on this board and talk trash about my school. have a little respect.
Marist installed a Turf Field in 2007, they hosted their conference's womens soccer tournament on the field.

Southeast Missouri State has hosted numerous women's soccer conference tournament games and championships on their FieldTurf that was installed in 2000.

Cincinnati men's soccer plays on a fieldturf field. they hosted a big east tournament game in 2006, 2005.

Boston Univ. has fieldturf and has hosted conference tournaments.

Are those not D1 schools participating in D1 conferences? Must not just be a D3 thing. It's a shame those darn D1s are stooping to the level of D3s.

FieldTurf even has a link on their website for FieldTurf fields that are recommended by FIFA, yes the FIFA.

I'm sure I could find more examples if I wanted to, but I think this is enough to prove the point.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
how i knew you would go to your elias sports bureau book to find a few DI schools who play on turf..excuse me. but part of my comments were correct....no NCAA COLLEGE CUPS. so my point is partially correct. the issue is this shuk, this is a liberty board, not an LC board. if you want to talk trash about our facilities which you know nothing about and base it off of pictures it shows you know nothing
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If I may butt-in to this argument: you guys are talking/thinking about two different things. Cincinnati's FieldTurf surface is reminiscent of LU's current football surface. It is not the Astroturf of 80's and early 90's popularity.

That said, the surface has already been replaced, as SJ pointed out, Shuk. Might be a poor pic, but the surface is CURRENTLY top notch. These announced improvements will make this an actual stadium. Dare I say, it will be the 3rd best in the entire state, IMO, behind only UVA and VCU. VaTech's isn't that great, and their press box is awful. I haven't seen ODU's since the renovations were completed, but the LU description sounds very similar to the construction I toured at ODU a couple years ago.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i realize it is fieldturf like our football field and like LC's field. JK is certianly right about our field being top notch, and i would love to find a soccer player who would rather play on field turf than natural grass.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If I may butt-in to this argument: you guys are talking/thinking about two different things. Cincinnati's FieldTurf surface is reminiscent of LU's current football surface. It is not the Astroturf of 80's and early 90's popularity.

That said, the surface has already been replaced, as SJ pointed out, Shuk. Might be a poor pic, but the surface is CURRENTLY top notch. These announced improvements will make this an actual stadium. Dare I say, it will be the 3rd best in the entire state, IMO, behind only UVA and VCU. VaTech's isn't that great, and their press box is awful. I haven't seen ODU's since the renovations were completed, but the LU description sounds very similar to the construction I toured at ODU a couple years ago.
One of the schools I mentioned above actually went from Astroturf to fieldturf.

If the field has already been replaced, why are they still using pictures of the old field which was clearly not, at the time of that picture, in particularly good condition? Why not use new pics with the new surface which I am sure looks much better than the aforementioned pic? That's what doesn't make any sense to me in this whole thread.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I believe the pic was taken during the beginning of track and field season. Not soccer season. Which is when the field looks the worst. you know that whole seasonal winter killing grass thing and track and field tearing up the field with javelin and discuss :roll:
That being said I do think they should have used a pic from soccer season when it looks like it actually is Most of the time(i.e Really nice) since its more for soccer than track and field. at least I know i don't go watch track unless I'm bored. (too confusing all those events at once but thats besides the point.)

I think Smooth has a point shuk That was a stretch on the DI schools. and just trying to take a jab at the Facilities. I personally don't mind you here and I don't mind the occasional LC stuff but come on man you don't see me making fun of the ridiculous hornet you have at the LC field now do you? Remember where you are and try not to take stabs at whatever you can when it comes to Liberty athletics... Although I know that is so hard for you :lol:
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:That said, the surface has already been replaced, as SJ pointed out, Shuk. Might be a poor pic, but the surface is CURRENTLY top notch. These announced improvements will make this an actual stadium. Dare I say, it will be the 3rd best in the entire state, IMO, behind only UVA and VCU. VaTech's isn't that great, and their press box is awful. I haven't seen ODU's since the renovations were completed, but the LU description sounds very similar to the construction I toured at ODU a couple years ago.
Roanoke College has a very nice soccer field.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
JK37 wrote:That said, the surface has already been replaced, as SJ pointed out, Shuk. Might be a poor pic, but the surface is CURRENTLY top notch. These announced improvements will make this an actual stadium. Dare I say, it will be the 3rd best in the entire state, IMO, behind only UVA and VCU. VaTech's isn't that great, and their press box is awful. I haven't seen ODU's since the renovations were completed, but the LU description sounds very similar to the construction I toured at ODU a couple years ago.
I was speaking more to field + facilities.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:I believe the pic was taken during the beginning of track and field season. Not soccer season. Which is when the field looks the worst. you know that whole seasonal winter killing grass thing and track and field tearing up the field with javelin and discuss :roll:
That being said I do think they should have used a pic from soccer season when it looks like it actually is Most of the time(i.e Really nice) since its more for soccer than track and field. at least I know i don't go watch track unless I'm bored. (too confusing all those events at once but thats besides the point.)

I think Smooth has a point shuk That was a stretch on the DI schools. and just trying to take a jab at the Facilities. I personally don't mind you here and I don't mind the occasional LC stuff but come on man you don't see me making fun of the ridiculous hornet you have at the LC field now do you? Remember where you are and try not to take stabs at whatever you can when it comes to Liberty athletics... Although I know that is so hard for you :lol:
make fun of the hornet statue all you want. i hate the thing. im glad it was donated instead of LC wasting money on it.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:
I was speaking more to field + facilities.
If you think Roanoke's is nice, check out W&L or Washington College's new football/lacrosse/soccer facilities. Absolutely ridiculous what they have. W&L and Washington College's new facilities make a lot of D1 facilities look like garbage.

Roanoke's press box on their field is nice, but they are also dropping several million dollars on a new athletic facility. Back in the spring I heard from a Roanoke Alum that two alumni were bidding against each other for naming rights and it was already in the millions then just for the naming rights.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Keeping an eye on the progress of the STOC- steady progress being made. Here's a couple pics of Osborne that I hadn't seen before.
Also, I have an email out there looking for a bit more info on the building- hoping to hear back soon.

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Check this out: http://www.libertyflames.com/media/1912 ... title=STOC Updates - Part 2&domainString=www.libertyflames.com

best advice? Let it load- cycle thru automatically, then come back, pause it, and scroll thru the pix. Nice facility- I'd like to see the floor plan for it. And is it looking a gift horse in the mouth to say I'm sorta surprised it wasn't a bit bigger?

All in all, a very nice building.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]