Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well I dont think that Soccer and track necessarily need a facility as big as the FOC for what its worth...it is a needed upgrade but they dont need to have a 8-10K sq ft structure for the both of them.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: And is it looking a gift horse in the mouth to say I'm sorta surprised it wasn't a bit bigger?
Thought the same exact thing until I walked around it. It'll be a nice sized facility for those guys.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
I am excited about the new building and can not wait to see the finished product...also cant wait to see the scoreboard that is reported to be added to the complex as well. I know people think this is a good sized facility and will do for the the teams but arent there going to be 100+ athletes comming in and out of this facility?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Men's soccer isn't going to be in this building. It's just women's soccer and track/cross country.
?????????????????

well that makes a huge difference. Also explains why it didn't need to be bigger.

where are they gonna be? and why?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Men's soccer isn't going to be in this building. It's just women's soccer and track/cross country.
Super, are the men's soccer offices housed in Hancock, or somewhere else?
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
all of the offices were in hancock but my question is why is the mens program left out...is the lacrosse program staying in hancock as well? that is very interesting :?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Men's soccer decided to keep their locker room and team room where they are now on the other end of the stadium between the stadium and the FOC. I don't think it was as much of them getting the shaft as them liking their current setup and wanting to stay with it.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Jon is right abouyt the mens soccer team liking their current set-up, but i thought all of the coashes offices for mens/womens soccer, track and lacrosse are inthe STOC. i was told that lacrosse will still use hancock for locker rooms, but i will see if i can verify.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
just got off the phone with jeff alder and this is what he told me:

the mens team is staying in their current locker room and they are building track and women’s soccer locker rooms. The track,men’s and women’s soccer and the women’s lacrosse offices will be in the new building.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have to tell you that I honestly didn't expect this facility to be as nice as it is turning out. This is going to be a great recruiting tool for the staffs of all three programs.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
didn't get to post this last week, but they're in. Unbelievable how quickly this went up. Checking out old pix on Jan 08, this was a hole in the ground.

congrats to all the coaches and athletes who finally get a place to call their own.

http://www.libertyflames.com/media/1912 ... title=STOC - Completion&domainString=www.libertyflames.com

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
now (officially) has a name.

and I'm glad I don't have to pronounce it

Thank you to the Luurtsema family

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=5691
LibertyFlames.com wrote:Operations Center Named the Luurtsema Center

August 25, 2010

The new home of Liberty men's and women's soccer and track and field programs has been named the Luurtsema Center.

Liberty Athletics Director Jeff Barber and the Liberty Athletics Department have announced the naming of the new soccer and track and field operations building as the Luurtsema Center.

The Luurtsema Center will serve as an operations building for men's and women's soccer and both track and field programs. The 5,000 square foot building on the south end of the Osborne Stadium complex was made possible by a leadership gift from Bill and Wanda Luurtsema of Grandville, Mich.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
noticed this over the last couple days: no more parking on front of Luurtsema?

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]