This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
HIGH POINT PANTHERS
24-29 OVERALL
12-9 BIG SOUTH CONFERENCE

the panthers come to town on the heels of getting swept by winthrop last weekend. High Point is coached by Sal Bando Jr. We all know how pivotal this series is for tournament seeding!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Will anyone be happy with a 2-3 at home? I guess the way they played WU that's all you could ask for
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
2OF 3 would secure a third seed providing coastal does not sweep, so yeah, i would be happy.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Any scoring updates?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
actually there is only one game tomm. the final game in the series is sunday. coastal won today so now LU is the 5th seed.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like arms are hanging by a thread.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
my bad thought tomorrow was a Double header
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Give em a chance AG, this game is history.

These boys know to how to rebound well. I mean they split with Asheville last weekend and then they come roaring back against Richmond and exact much needed revenge. I think these guys needed this. You have to take every opponent seriously no matter the record.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
we sure could have used this one.....heck just rest the arms right now and we'll see what we got in the tourny
By Guest
Up 11-7 in top of 9th
By Guest
HP has bases loaded no outs
By Guest
E3... run in... still loaded and no outs
By Guest
Turned a DP... 2 outs...11-9... runner on third
By Guest
pop up... good guys win
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Boy oh boy...the only time I got nervous is when our announcer said LU brought out the whoopin sticks today at that point I think we had a 11-7 lead......I told the person I was with HOLD ON BABY this might be a wild one....luckily it wasnt as bad as it could be with a VERY timely double play

how about my boy Just!
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I wanted to enjoy the nice weather so I went to the game and thought it was lost early on, but was impressed how they came back. Got nervous towards the end though, but they pulled it out. I was impressed with Just.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
tough loss after having a 7-2 lead.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
That should make us the 5-seed. Coastal is in the process of sweeping Ashville, so Coastal 3, HPU 4, LU 5. Guess we would opening up against BSC.
By Guest
Our presence in the BSC tourney will probably be short-lived considering our downward trend the past few weeks.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
A.G. wrote:That should make us the 5-seed. Coastal is in the process of sweeping Ashville, so Coastal 3, HPU 4, LU 5. Guess we would opening up against BSC.
If you're the 5 seed, then you'll be playing Winthrop...WU dropped 2 out of 3 at VMI this weekend and has locked up the #2 seed...
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
It soundn't like Solbach may not pitch in the tourney. Also I think WU is the only team that swept us this year.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
correct krh, winthrop did sweep us. what was the final score??
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
WOW! The Eagles dropped two to VMI. Pretty much makes it a one team bid for the Big South this year.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous wrote:Our presence in the BSC tourney will probably be short-lived considering our downward trend the past few weeks.
Who ever guest is, I agree with him that our stay will be a short one.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]