This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We are getting shelled 8-0 right now. I am not liking our chances this weekend at all with this performance. How did what was thought to be so good get to be so bad?
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:We are getting shelled 8-0 right now. I am not liking our chances this weekend at all with this performance. How did what was thought to be so good get to be so bad?
ouch, thats not a score i like to see...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is not a good thing for sure (and I just know a couple certain someones are going to be up in here raising more heck too as a result)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Looking forward to hearing from Mr Checkers on this one.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its a midweek game. We're not going to throw our strongest pitchers. The lack of production at the plate is most concerning considering our lineup.

But a big weekend will leave this all forgotten.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
they are starting to promote the game this weekend. hopefully there will be a decent turnout.
with coffeehouse at 11:30, it should work out well for people to go to baseball, then go get in line for coffeehouse if anyone is bored enough to go to that
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
13-0 now. Embarrasing!
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Freshman Stephen Evans (Amherst) pitched 5 solid innings...
...and it is normal for coaches to "staff" mid-week games to set up the rotation for the weekend conference games. We will be just fine, folks...no need to panic.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Once again, the pitching doesn't bother me. But I seriously doubt GMU was throwing one of their aces at our sticks today.

Perhaps the the lights will shed some new ... nevermind.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
What guys did we play in the field? Is it our normal lineup or did we give some guys the day off?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looking at gametracker, it looks like some of the guys were shuffled around. This is what I was able to surmise looking at the play by play and then doing a little cross referencing:

Rotola CF
Hollinger C
Keller RF
Giammaresi 1B
Grijalva LF
Jefferson DH
Brown, C 3B
Negron 2B
Phillips SS

Looks like they shook things up a bit leading up to this one...GY didnt start (or play judging by the box score) no Tommy Bussey and Grijalva playing in the outfield
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
The pitching does not concern me, either. The past two years there have been complaints about how our primary pitchers were over-used and that by the time conference games rolled around, sore arms abounded....and by the time the tourney came...we were basically toast on the mound.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
If we can't hit GMU's pitching I would not want to know what we will do against a nationally ranked team like Coastal. Sure hope that them lights we put in bring some kind of good luck. This team is really starting to scare me, first Columbia and now this.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Freshman Stephen Evans (Amherst) pitched 5 solid innings...
...and it is normal for coaches to "staff" mid-week games to set up the rotation for the weekend conference games. We will be just fine, folks...no need to panic.
Fumble, the James Carville for the JB adminstration! "Backwards is forward...4th is better than 3rd...Freshman are better than first team all-conference players...we are having more fun getting blasted 13-0...whatever JB says is gospel."

But the new lights will at least allow us to focus on the cosmetics and therefore we can sing the praises of progress with all that is being achieved in the era of SEC enlightenment.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:Freshman Stephen Evans (Amherst) pitched 5 solid innings...
Fumble, the James Carville for the JB adminstration! "Backwards is forward...4th is better than 3rd...Freshman are better than first team all-conference players...we are having more fun getting blasted 13-0...whatever JB says is gospel."

But the new lights will at least allow us to focus on the cosmetics and therefore we can sing the praises of progress with all that is being achieved in the era of SEC enlightenment.
and you wonder why people don't like you....I never really take sides on any of this side show crap that goes on, but dude come on...shut up
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Check - - We could have hired Jim Leyland or Joe Torre and there would have been bumps in the road with a new coaching staff. If you expected anything else, you were not thinking.
Also, I'm beginning to avoid half of this board to akeep from reading your putrid anger starting comments. Is there any way you could just leave and go blog in anonimity about how much you hate JB?
Also, there are great counselors these days that can examine what happened to you as a small boy to make you such a bitter person.
You=square peg FlameFans=Round Hole! NOT Working!
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
yep checkmate is just a bitter bitter bitter man. he doesn't know anything about baseball anyways based on his ridiculous comments in this forum. i'm still excited about our baseball team and every team goes through a slump here and there. Can't wait to see them play tomorrow evening.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
checkmate wrote:

and you wonder why people don't like you....I never really take sides on any of this side show crap that goes on, but dude come on...shut up
I really am sorry you feel that way. But the inconsistency of some on this board is a reality. We can trash those we need to inorder to better frame the discussion for or against former coaches, performance or decisions. But it is a crime to speak to the reality of our performances and compare them to the same former coaches some are allowed to freely DENIGRATE.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Last I checked this was "FlameFANS" . You should go register "www.onlyaflamefanwhenrdandmrarearoundandhatejbandrmandstormandthewholeworld.com".

You are either a Flame fan or you aren't. I for one choose to be patient with the new coaches and give them a shot. Oh yea and JB is still sort of new too, so give him a chance too. The other folks are all GONE! I can't even remember them! I'm living in the now and loving it. Does it stink to see the BB team hitting the bottom right now? YES! Will it get better? I choose to believe, YES!

If you don't, go follow those who aren't here right now and start a message board to talk about how they were done wrong and are doing so much better now!
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:Check - - We could have hired Jim Leyland or Joe Torre and there would have been bumps in the road with a new coaching staff. If you expected anything else, you were not thinking.
Also, I'm beginning to avoid half of this board to akeep from reading your putrid anger starting comments. Is there any way you could just leave and go blog in anonimity about how much you hate JB?
Also, there are great counselors these days that can examine what happened to you as a small boy to make you such a bitter person.
You=square peg FlameFans=Round Hole! NOT Working!

I am not angry or bitter. I have principles on how Christians ought to do business. And quite frankly am not surprised how easily most swallow the spin of trashing good men so the opportunity for big national searches can be conducted. We can all love LU and disagree on some processes.

But hey enjoy the fairytale that MR was a bad underachieving monster and our super hero JB swooped in to save the abused champions of Christ from the horror of the best baseball run in school history and the heartbreak of getting to Big South championship games.

I know give the new coaches more time and maybe they can match our past success. Or better yet can all just wear our red shirts Friday night, hold hands and sing "take me out to the ball park" with JB directing the choir of ff members.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:getting to Big South championship games.
Since that's our goal :roll:
By fmrflame
Registration Days Posts
For someone who despises the actions by LU Athletics over the last 12 months or so, you sure do keep up with everything that is still going on. I am sure that you (checkmate) are THRILLED with the recent decline in performance by the baseball team, but should I bother bringing up Royers first year W/L record? (17-37) Like the knucklehead said, all teams go through rough times and the good ones make it through and prevail in the end.

Obviously this website is not for you checkmate so maybe you should take your comments elsewhere to a place where you can post and reply to your own comments.

Someone will step up and turn this team back around and get them headed in the direction that we all know they will go. BEAT COASTAL!!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:
thepostman wrote:
checkmate wrote: Fumble, the James Carville for the JB adminstration! "Backwards is forward...4th is better than 3rd...Freshman are better than first team all-conference players...we are having more fun getting blasted 13-0...whatever JB says is gospel."

I really am sorry you feel that way. But the inconsistency of some on this board is a reality. We can trash those we need to inorder to better frame the discussion for or against former coaches, performance or decisions. But it is a crime to speak to the reality of our performances and compare them to the same former coaches some are allowed to freely DENIGRATE.
so you view what the otherside is doing as wrong, so it is ok for you to do it yourself?? this is why you lose credibility and anybody else on this board that approaches this subject in the manner that you do, regardless of what side you are on in regards to this issue....I do not agree with people trashing the past, nor do I agree with how you go about doing it....the way I see it by you continuing to bring it up just fuels the fire and is completely pointless....
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]