This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:
I am not angry or bitter.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
oh contrare!! mr rd or mr former assistant coach of Rd (checkmate). you got fired and you are taking your anger and bitterness out on our website and you are not a fan. you are just mad because you didn't get your way. and then have the nerve to come on here and trash our athletic staff when they have done a wonderful job here thus far at LU. you better expect the heat (fire) when you come on here and trash the athletic staff. if you can't handle the fire (heat) then get out of the kitchen.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
HE (CM) might be a Used to be fan, but he is in no way a NOW fan. Thus my point of the square peg in a round hole.
CM - if you want to come on here and have a reasonable exchange that involves anylasis of what might be going wrong, noone will bash you. Your comments have only to do with the PAST, and we have all moved FORWARD except you!

So I did some searching and I found a great self-help article for you. It needs a little changing around to fit your issue, but it should help!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2043607_avoid-b ... s-fan.html

REMEMBER: It's only a game!
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
checkmate wrote:
thepostman wrote: and you wonder why people don't like you....I never really take sides on any of this side show crap that goes on, but dude come on...shut up
I really am sorry you feel that way. But the inconsistency of some on this board is a reality. We can trash those we need to inorder to better frame the discussion for or against former coaches, performance or decisions. But it is a crime to speak to the reality of our performances and compare them to the same former coaches some are allowed to freely DENIGRATE.
so you view what the otherside is doing as wrong, so it is ok for you to do it yourself?? this is why you lose credibility and anybody else on this board that approaches this subject in the manner that you do, regardless of what side you are on in regards to this issue....I do not agree with people trashing the past, nor do I agree with how you go about doing it....the way I see it by you continuing to bring it up just fuels the fire and is completely pointless....
I didn't lie to anybody. I didn't dig dirt to push people out the door. I wrote checks from my $$ to suport all programs and enjoyed watching things grow. Did we need to push the athletic administration to new levels yes? Did we need to hurt dedicated LU men many of our own alum who were on the right track? So trash people to work an agenda. If you want to make a change cause you have the power then say it don't trash someone, set the programs back and spin it as the Lord's will. Today the facts are JB took two programs with very promising seasons in front of them and turn them into mediocre Big South teams. Maybe baseball rises up and has a great conference if so I will give Toman and the players credit. That still doesn't justify the ethics of the process used to make change or those who denigrate the past to frame the debate or justify our underachieving performances in light of where the programs were prior to our political moves of former coaches.

Let's beat Coastal and all of us can cheer. And maybe JB can get JF jr to give him more $$$ for bigger salaries and budgets to get us over the top.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
you wouldn't give anybody any credit whether they win or not because you are a bitter man for getting your behind fired from coaching.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Guys, let's keep it civil. It is threads like this one that I dread opening.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:...but dad....HE started it.
agreed as usual bitter CM started.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ok , anybody that was expecting that this team would win 50 games in Coach Toman's first year has been hitting the grass in right field a little too hard if you catch my drift. Not everybody is Augie Garrido (legendary head coach at Texas), Rod Dedeaux (Coach as Southern Cal for 45 years), Rod Fraser (legendary coach at The U) or Bobby Winkles (former coach at Arizona State). Now I am of the opinion that contrary opinions are all well and good, but what ISN'T all well and good is certain people coming on here when times are bad. That seems to be the case with somebody like our friend CM here.

Now if there is one thing I dont like its two kinds of people. First, there are the people who have these grandiose expectations of ubergreatness whenever someone new comes to town. Thankfully we dont have people like that around here. Most of the guys here keep a fairly even keel. What really bothers me are the OTHER kind of people. These are the people who are the first to do what people like CM are doing. that is jumping on board whenever things are a little rough and tossing out completely useless bull. Yeah we had good solid coaches before...and they had success...(which Im sure people appreciated) but guess what...as good as a coach is...sometimes departments still want to move in a different direction. Look at Cal for instance.

For those of you who may not know about the story, Ben Braun the coach at Cal was fired recently. Yes fired...not "we didn't renew his contract..." straight up fired. He had been the coach there for 12 years. 12 YEARS!!! He had been to the NCAA Tournament 5 times. He was named Coach of the Year in the Pac 10. He won over 200 games. But he still got canned...even after all that. People are disappointed yes...but Im sure that all the Cal fans are going to get behind whoever they bring in as the new head coach. Im willing to bet that they are willign to give him the benefit of the doubt in his first year. Im willing to bet that youre not going to have folks on the Cal fan forums continually bringing coach Braun back into the discussion, even a year after he is gone. If you arent going to get 100% behind the new coaches (and that means taking the bad...ALL the bad...and not just the good) then you don't belong here. Im not saying that as a threat. Im trying to emphasize the point that if youre not a fan then this isnt the place for you.

To quote Jim Rome... "I am OUT!"
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Live in the past my friend if that is where you are comfortable.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ok , anybody that was expecting that this team would win 50 games in Coach Toman's first year has been hitting the grass in right field a little too hard if you catch my drift. Not everybody is Augie Garrido (legendary head coach at Texas), Rod Dedeaux (Coach as Southern Cal for 45 years), Rod Fraser (legendary coach at The U) or Bobby Winkles (former coach at Arizona State). Now I am of the opinion that contrary opinions are all well and good, but what ISN'T all well and good is certain people coming on here when times are bad. That seems to be the case with somebody like our friend CM here.

Now if there is one thing I dont like its two kinds of people. First, there are the people who have these grandiose expectations of ubergreatness whenever someone new comes to town. Thankfully we dont have people like that around here. Most of the guys here keep a fairly even keel. What really bothers me are the OTHER kind of people. These are the people who are the first to do what people like CM are doing. that is jumping on board whenever things are a little rough and tossing out completely useless bull. Yeah we had good solid coaches before...and they had success...(which Im sure people appreciated) but guess what...as good as a coach is...sometimes departments still want to move in a different direction. Look at Cal for instance.

For those of you who may not know about the story, Ben Braun the coach at Cal was fired recently. Yes fired...not "we didn't renew his contract..." straight up fired. He had been the coach there for 12 years. 12 YEARS!!! He had been to the NCAA Tournament 5 times. He was named Coach of the Year in the Pac 10. He won over 200 games. But he still got canned...even after all that. People are disappointed yes...but Im sure that all the Cal fans are going to get behind whoever they bring in as the new head coach. Im willing to bet that they are willign to give him the benefit of the doubt in his first year. Im willing to bet that youre not going to have folks on the Cal fan forums continually bringing coach Braun back into the discussion, even a year after he is gone. If you arent going to get 100% behind the new coaches (and that means taking the bad...ALL the bad...and not just the good) then you don't belong here. Im not saying that as a threat. Im trying to emphasize the point that if youre not a fan then this isnt the place for you.

To quote Jim Rome... "I am OUT!"
Twelve years BJ. the AD didn't trashed him. no one Jacked up budgets. Lied about him.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:
thepostman wrote:
checkmate wrote: I really am sorry you feel that way. But the inconsistency of some on this board is a reality. We can trash those we need to inorder to better frame the discussion for or against former coaches, performance or decisions. But it is a crime to speak to the reality of our performances and compare them to the same former coaches some are allowed to freely DENIGRATE.
so you view what the otherside is doing as wrong, so it is ok for you to do it yourself?? this is why you lose credibility and anybody else on this board that approaches this subject in the manner that you do, regardless of what side you are on in regards to this issue....I do not agree with people trashing the past, nor do I agree with how you go about doing it....the way I see it by you continuing to bring it up just fuels the fire and is completely pointless....
I didn't lie to anybody. I didn't dig dirt to push people out the door. I wrote checks from my $$ to suport all programs and enjoyed watching things grow. Did we need to push the athletic administration to new levels yes? Did we need to hurt dedicated LU men many of our own alum who were on the right track? So trash people to work an agenda. If you want to make a change cause you have the power then say it don't trash someone, set the programs back and spin it as the Lord's will. Today the facts are JB took two programs with very promising seasons in front of them and turn them into mediocre Big South teams. Maybe baseball rises up and has a great conference if so I will give Toman and the players credit. That still doesn't justify the ethics of the process used to make change or those who denigrate the past to frame the debate or justify our underachieving performances in light of where the programs were prior to our political moves of former coaches.

Let's beat Coastal and all of us can cheer. And maybe JB can get JF jr to give him more $$$ for bigger salaries and budgets to get us over the top.
this is the same stuff you keep saying over and over again...I say to you what I say to anybody that would bring Dunton up to trash on...move on and stop living in the past...it doesn't help anything right now....not one thing...and that is the problem I have with you and anybody that wants to keep bringing this crap up, whether you are on JB's side or your side....it doesn't matter...its the past....and pointless to talk about
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OK, guys. Everyone seems to have gotten things off their chests and little of it has anything to do with GMU. Let's move on along.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]