This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A win today at City Stadium would enable us to split a 4-game series with the Lions from the Ivy League. First pitch is at 4:00.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=13274
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Flames win in a blow out: 12-2.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Good to salvage what was a lost opportunity. Maybe a case of looking ahead to Coastal.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I saw the 1st & 4th games of the series but missed the twin bill; in the first game, Toman was coaching from 3rd base, but in today's game he was coaching from the dugout. Anyone know why the switch? Does he normally coach from 3rd base?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Very nice end to a frustrating week. I suggest we not play at City Stadium again anytime soon.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I saw the 1st & 4th games of the series but missed the twin bill; in the first game, Toman was coaching from 3rd base, but in today's game he was coaching from the dugout. Anyone know why the switch? Does he normally coach from 3rd base?
He did at South Carolina. Could've been something to change things up for the team.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I'm going to stay away from any Baseball comment here.

I'm happy to see they won today. Now lets beat Coastal.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So after all the fuss, we end up splitting a 4 game set with a not-very-good, but still D1 team. We had a bad day Friday, but if we had just split the double-header, it's 3 out of 4 and a good outcome. You really can't anticipate a 4 game sweep over an opponent in your own division in baseball. It's just too unpredictable a sport. Much adoo about nothing IMHO.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:I saw the 1st & 4th games of the series but missed the twin bill; in the first game, Toman was coaching from 3rd base, but in today's game he was coaching from the dugout. Anyone know why the switch? Does he normally coach from 3rd base?
He did at South Carolina. Could've been something to change things up for the team.

the 3rd base coach was out recruiting for a few games which is why Toman was out there
Last edited by Hold My Own on March 23rd, 2008, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's an even better reason.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
HMO, I was going to ask you that question at the game (I was sitting directly in front of you wearing a ball cap & sunglasses), but you were too busy chatting with the ladies about how you were looking for models. :P
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...Toman had a pretty humorous way of saying it...I laughed

Not bad timing though...we werent playing good ball and a few questionable holds and sends but it takes time to get adjusted to what type base runners you have
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:HMO, I was going to ask you that question at the game (I was sitting directly in front of you wearing a ball cap & sunglasses), but you were too busy chatting with the ladies about how you were looking for models. :P

HAHAHA that's funny..yeah I told them they could be before and after models for me! You should have turned around and said hi!!! You know I'm slow and challenged!!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wanted to, but you never even stopped to take a breath.
:oldhag
:cheerleader :blahblah
Last edited by Cider Jim on March 23rd, 2008, 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :wink:
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Come on...they are volleyball players...the moment I stop to take a breath is the moment a small man with a stash slides in spitting lines! :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Come on...they are volleyball players...the moment I stop to take a breath is the moment a small man with a stash slides in spitting lines! :lol:
I'm taken, thank you
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Come on...they are volleyball players...the moment I stop to take a breath is the moment a small man with a stash slides in spitting lines! :lol:
top 10 reasons to date a volleyball player... (2 versions, take ur pick)

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 520AAMLjex

and NO, this DOESN'T belong on the v-ball forum... :shock:
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]