This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
After a tough weekend in Hattiesburg the boys are back at home to face JMU.
Last edited by Sly Fox on March 18th, 2008, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no score top of the third. JMU has two on and two outs.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And we have a nice new light pole--with lights--in right field.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
dukes up 2-0 top of the sixth
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
lost 3-2 4th "L" in a row.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
FIRE TOMAN

8)
By omaha10
Registration Days Posts
Let's hope for your sake you are kidding- if not, your sanity will be in question- if Hollinger had not run through the 3rd base coach's hold up sign, we would have 10 wins tonight
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Take nothing from Medic seriously ... unless he's packing heat.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
OMAHA:

Please note the smiley.

maybe we need a "Sarcasm meter" emoticon
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
After 16 games:

2006 13-3 Matt Royer
2007 12-4 Matt Royer
2008 9-7 Jim Toman

Looks like everything JB touches moves in the wrong direction.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:oh please shut up
You obviously see it different; I suppose that 9 wins with a veteran team is better than 12 or 13. 4th is better than 3rd so I must be not in touch with the facts.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:You obviously see it different; I suppose that 9 wins with a veteran team is better than 12 or 13. 4th is better than 3rd so I must be not in touch with the facts.
unless you have been to a LU baseball game this season shut up
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
CM - do you just hate everything? Look after a 6-0 start, I expected better too, but back off and give the guy a chance. It takes time for new situations to gel. So back off, and get a stinkin hobby and go away! We don't need so many Winthrop Fans on here any way! :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Predicting a sweep of Columbia from the Ivy League!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:After 16 games:

2006 13-3 Matt Royer
2007 12-4 Matt Royer
2008 9-7 Jim Toman

SO NOT TRUE...our tennis teams are doing better now than they did under Larry Hubbard. Last season, the guys doubled their win total from the season before and would have an even better record if it weren't for season-ending injuries. Our girls had the 17th-ranked recruiting class in the nation, have beaten 3 teams that beat us last year (Coastal Carolina, Longwood, UNCW), beaten 2 teams with recruiting classes ranked higher than ours (UNCW, George Washington). Jeff Barber is doing great as an AD, and I have no doubt our Baseball team will come out of this slump.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
checkmate wrote:After 16 games:

2006 13-3 Matt Royer
2007 12-4 Matt Royer
2008 9-7 Jim Toman

Jeff Barber is doing great as an AD.
Your entitled to your opinion. I just don't think that MR was treated right, fair, just however you care to describe it. JB is given a free pass by so many with no justification. He walks in here and acts like he has all the answers. Recklessly hurts good men and families who are LU alums finishing 2nd to the 6th rated rpi team in the country and many of you call it progress. Just because the athletic administration can frame the debate and holds the power doesn't mean it has to be swallowed. It is wrong to treat people this way in any organization especially if we represent the "love thy neighbor as yourself" of Matthew.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Once again, "it's not just about wins and losses."
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:CM - do you just hate everything? Look after a 6-0 start, I expected better too, but back off and give the guy a chance. It takes time for new situations to gel. So back off, and get a stinkin hobby and go away! We don't need so many Winthrop Fans on here any way! :lol:
Quite the contrary...their is much I love and appreciate. Big Tolsma, Pinder, Rocco, Alder, Castro fan. We had many great things happening long before the current AD came to town. His moves are open to discussion and obviously I am not a fan of stealing dreams and damaging families when programs are demonstrating success.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
please shut up. you are still a bitter man and it will only hurt you down the road
Last edited by thesportscritic on March 19th, 2008, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Once again, "it's not just about wins and losses."
Of course not, he must find some way to justify his actions. So let's just go with the conspiracy theory and trash good LU alums. Because those of us who supported MR can find reasons to keep him. But AD's need press conferences to act like they are doing something. Leaders in vertical positions of authority can manipulate issues and blow them up to work their agenda or serve in helping subordinates grow and solve problems. I believe time has already revealed the paradigm from which these decisions flowed. And I know that long time LU supporters have walked away over these issues and you will see the impact in the coming years.
By checkmate
Registration Days Posts
[quote="thesportscritic"]please shut the *&)&)** up. you are still a bitter man and it will only hurt you down the road[/quote

Again I am not bitter and obviously not who you think I am. I thought this was a discussion board. When is the last time you spoke with the Royers to see how they are doing as a family?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
checkmate wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Once again, "it's not just about wins and losses."
Of course not, he must find some way to justify his actions. So let's just go with the conspiracy theory and trash good LU alums. Because those of us who supported MR can find reasons to keep him. But AD's need press conferences to act like they are doing something. Leaders in vertical positions of authority can manipulate issues and blow them up to work their agenda or serve in helping subordinates grow and solve problems. I believe time has already revealed the paradigm from which these decisions flowed. And I know that long time LU supporters have walked away over these issues and you will see the impact in the coming years.
Speak with the players. Ask them how much more they're enjoying playing the game of baseball this year. Ask them how much more they have learned this year. Ask them how much more smoothly practices and workouts are being ran. Ask them now if they would suggest Liberty as a place to play baseball and if they would've done that a year ago.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ok critic we can do without the shut the....up stuff, but i can understand why. checkers why do you do this stuff all the time? everyone knows your dislike of JB, and your allegiances to RD and MR. as super said it is about more than wins and losses. please do not throw out the Jesus card into this either. college athletics are a business, and this dept. now is finally acting like it. im sure the families are doing just fine. all coaches rebound and land on theri feet eventually. it's the real world checkers people get fired everyday. it is life. so please do us all a favor and stop the hating. we all know how you feel so their is no need to keep repeating it.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
sorry smoothie but its just getting annoying with him constantly badgering our staff
LSU

What are you guys worried about? The team will win[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]