This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:
Rocketfan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Listening on the radio. A - That's not GMTM! B - It sounds very windy!
An unpaid job and 3 hours calling a baseball game......of course its not GMTM.
That was Scott Wiebe, he was with us last year.. I will be doing Sunday's game... We left for Asheville at 3pm today so that's why I wasn't there...Who says it's unpaid?

Make sure Scott's been corrected when I was standing beside him he said that it's Sid Breams son that's playing for LU...Cider's right, it's his nephew...his son Tyler will be playing next year

Good time seeing you guys...hopefully next time it'll be more warm so I can stay and talk longer!!!
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
...you mean talk with the GUYS longer...as opposed to going into the stands to talk with the various blondes and brunettes you appeared to be snaking on?? You made the right call :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Make sure Scott's been corrected when I was standing beside him he said that it's Sid Breams son that's playing for LU...Cider's right, it's his nephew...his son Tyler will be playing next year
Thanks for clearing that up, HMO. I told the guys that he was Sid's nephew, because that's what the LU website said, but no one believed it until your confirmation: when HMO speaks, people listen. :)
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I got the fall signing period confused...as there are 2-3 other players on the roster that I thought were here but are still in their senior year in HS.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Lang has a nice article about the game in this morning's fishwrap:
The talk worked. With his team stuck in a tie at the seventh inning stretch, first-year Liberty coach Jim Toman gave his team an idea of why folks down at South Carolina called him "Storm." He laid into his team for its lack of discipline at the plate. Whatever he said must have worked, because Aaron Phillips crushed the second pitch of the seventh inning over the left field fence for the winning run in the Flames' 4-3 victory over Rider at Worthington Stadium Friday afternoon. Liberty (5-0) is off to its best start since the 2001 team started with the same record.
http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Sate ... th=!sports
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]