This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By omaha10
Registration Days Posts
what do you think our chances are of making the post season this year? I just watched the you-tube of Storm when Carolina played Georgia, and if he can fire up the players like that, we have a shot!
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure how it works... but if making regionals involves beating Coastal, it will be a tough job. I never say we can't do something, and Storm is VERY highly touted as a coach, so if anyone can do it, I think he can.

Either way, should be a great season, and it only gets better from here with an amazing Recruiter as a coach.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
More than likely, in order for us to make regionals, we will have to win our conference tourney.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
First off, anything is possible in a baseball conference tourney. Whoever has the hottest pitching tends to win.

Frankly the league is good enough to warrant multiple postseason berths. But to accomplish it we need to be really impressive during our non-conference run early in the season before league play rolls around.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
jcmanson wrote:More than likely, in order for us to make regionals, we will have to win our conference tourney.
Which would involve beating Coastal, more than likely.

Tall order, but I wouldn't count us out, especially not without seeing how we do on the field.
More than likely.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
:D
By omaha10
Registration Days Posts
if we can get 45 wins, still may get an at-large bid, if we finish 2nd in the tourney
By omaha10
Registration Days Posts
rest assured, with Storm's connections with the SEC and ACC, our non-conference schedule will get tougher in the coming years, IF his buddies will play him! I heard that some of them are hesitant at playing him now and this is only his first season. the lower the rpi the better chance you have at an at-large. good things on the horizon for LU Baseball.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
jcmanson wrote:More than likely, in order for us to make regionals, we will have to win our conference tourney.

Tall order, but I wouldn't count us out, especially not without seeing how we do on the field.
We should've won the conference tournament the past two years but blew huge leads. Coastal is the best team and will have an at-large birth locked up before the conference tournament so they won't push their pitching as hard as teams like us will.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ha! you GMTM'd since you always get me :wink:

SuperJon wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:

We should've won the conference tournament the past two years but blew huge leads. Coastal is the best team and will have an at-large birth locked up before the conference tournament so they won't push their pitching as hard as teams like us will.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Not necessarily since he may be aware of what is going on in the Gilly family more than us. :lol:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
In order for LU to get an at large berth we need to be able to knock off a top 20 ranked team before conference play begins. Possibly VA Tech, Southern Miss, Notre Dame, UVA, and others. If we do that and finish in at least the top 3 in the conference and hold our own against Coastal we might have a shot. But history says the odds are slim since there are some years when we have made the tourney only to find out our seeding isn't what it should have been. For example the last time we made the tourney we pulled of wins vs Clemson and Wake and ended up a surprising 6th seed in the regionals to play top ranked South Carolina.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]