This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
OK...it was JB and Mickey...along with a couple other suits out there while the team was stretching before practice. Hope that means something for renovations (or lights).
Last edited by Fumblerooskies on February 7th, 2008, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
"from this angle we can see where the upper deck will extend down the 1st base line"

"now, will that be cash, check, or major credit card?"

:mrgreen:
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
...and here will be the grand entrance with your name greeting the Liberty faithful...and out there past the right field fence...will be our tailgating and picnic terrace.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Fumble, thank you for your BJ-like sighting/stalking. Keep up the good work. :shock:
By LUMU11
Registration Days Posts
Due to conflicts of interest this will be my first and last post on the baseball forum, however,Jeff Barber was seen at the field today and apparently confirmed something that had long been a rumor. There will be lights at Worthington Stadium and the goal is to have them by the first conference series this year.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
The BIGGER QUESTION WOULD BE...
...can we now host the conference tourney at our own field instead of Danville?

(although I will add, when asked about athletic facilities upgrades in the near future at the faculty meeting on Monday, the chancellor said nothing about lights...or really, anything else going on)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everything being spoken in this thread is in line with what I have heard over the past week or so as well.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
They've been saying this was a go since the beginning of January. It's not been the past week.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The money to pay for it in time for that weekend hadn't been secured until this recent time frame.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
SWEET! Can't wait to actually be able to go to some games.
By DeathCab4LU
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:...and here will be the grand entrance with your name greeting the Liberty faithful...and out there past the right field fence...will be our tailgating and picnic terrace.
That would be amazing fumble.....
By uncafan
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:The BIGGER QUESTION WOULD BE...
...can we now host the conference tourney at our own field instead of Danville?

(although I will add, when asked about athletic facilities upgrades in the near future at the faculty meeting on Monday, the chancellor said nothing about lights...or really, anything else going on)

In short, no you can't. Using Coastal as an example -- I would say Coastal's set-up would is the minimum requirement for a host in terms of facilities etc. Just some real basic things like having at least two full cages that teams can use (BP isn't taken on field during tourny), obviously lights which it seems you guys are getting, and some other things.

Same with UNCA--couldn't host until major upgrades are made -- although UNCA could use the Pro-Park in downtown Asheville....Which I believe is what they are planning when it comes their turn to host.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
We have the cages...so no issue there...outside and indoor cages. I would say the lack of seating would be the bigger issue.
By uncafan
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:We have the cages...so no issue there...outside and indoor cages. I would say the lack of seating would be the bigger issue.
The outdoor ones aren't big enough...honestly. I forgot about the indoor ones etc. Usually there is a minimum number of restrooms concessions etc. within a certain area also, but not sure if the Big South does that.

Seating, not really...I've you've ever been to Coastal it looks like there is way more seating but I don't think there is really that big of a difference. Especially if you guys put up some temporary bleachers in certain spots...Seating isn't the issue, honestly, IMO
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Also, at this point, hotels in Danville have probably already been booked with contracts from the conference...and I know of parents who have already booked rooms.

Although it would be nice to have it on campus, at this late date, I don't see it happening...but one should never underestimate what Jeff Barber can pull off.
By fmrflame
Registration Days Posts
I dont see issues with any of the above comments. The biggest issue I see is that there is no way to enforce paying for tix since there are many different ways to enter the stadium. They would need a fleet of people to enfore admission.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]