This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Schneider going to Liberty

BY CHAD BROCKHOFF
CORRESPONDENT

SARASOTA -- He pitched a three-hitter and still saw his senior season come to an end with a 2-1 loss to Sarasota High Tuesday night in the Class 6A-District 8 tournament.

But any disappointment that Riverview High senior Jonathan Schneider felt subsided less than 24 hours later when he signed a national letter of intent to attend Liberty University on a baseball scholarship.

As a right-handed pitcher and right fielder for the Rams this season, Schneider hit .340 with a team-high eight doubles, 16RBI and 15 runs scored. He was 5-3 on the mound with an earned run average of 1.83 in 49.2 innings.

"They're not only getting a great athlete; they're getting a great person and an outstanding student," Riverview head coach Tom Scarpinato said. "They're getting a winning kid all the way around. Jonathan is going to be a hard worker on and off the field."

Schneider will compete for playing time in the outfield and the Flames' coaching staff may look to use him as a pitcher. He has a 4.3 weighted grade point average and would like to major in pre-medicine at the Lynchburg, Va., school.

"Liberty was the one (school) that showed the most interest," Schneider said. "I liked everything about the campus. What really got me was the quality of the baseball and the quality of the coaches and players. It's a Christian atmosphere with Division I baseball, and that fit me perfectly."

Schneider visited Liberty in mid-March and met the school's chancellor and founder, Dr. Jerry Falwell, while watching a baseball game in the school's press box.

"I had never seen (Falwell) on television or in person," Schneider said. "I shook his hand and asked him some questions about the school. He was very nice."
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... 006&Page=2
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
still bring back ugly memories of our former sidearm closer. But this won't have any trouble keeping his GPA up at least.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I got to talk to the guy who signed that side arm closer with the Pirates and kindly told him he was nuts....I said you are aware he didnt even make the team the year before right? He laughed and released him not long after....I still dont know what they were thinking
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
I heard the scout that signed Schneider was fired shortly after. Coincidence???
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]