This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think all of are going to the game with bow ties. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
College baseball here gets underway in about two more weeks so I am starting to get jazzed already. I wonder if we will have any spring transfers. We'll know soon.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
will be there for sure and trying to take the family on a trip to Florida in Feb. :D
By DeathCab4LU
Registration Days Posts
Ill be there me and some friends usually tailgate in the Rot parking lot before the game........
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Practice starts Monday.
By omaha10
Registration Days Posts
has Storm been on any radio talk shows/tv sportscast yet to give you any idea on his team and expectations?
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Practice starts Monday.
Practice actually starts Feb 1 (I think). Teams cannot practice officially until then, and no games before Feb 22. Everything before Feb 1 will be small group workouts, although there may be one day a week where they can do full team stuff. It is all part of the new "uniform start date" for D1 baseball which was pushed through by the cold weather schools in attempt to even the playing field with West Coast and Southern Schools who often started games the last week in Jan.

However...
...now teams have to play the same number of games (56) in a shorter time. This will end up COSTING players more class time. More mid-week games...and will really tax pitching. It will only get worse next year, when roster limits come into play.

Me? I'll be able to get my Image fix starting Feb 2 :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hadn't heard about the changes. Thanks for the clarification.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I tend to keep a close eye on the goings on in College Baseball.

Next BIG change starts in August with the end of transfers not having to sit out a year. Baseball will now be like FBL and hoops.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I understand that rule but it would be a boon to the JUCOs.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure how it will affect the JUCO's, since they already are a big pipeline. It will certainly curtain all the player hopping that goes on...and if you add the roster limits...coaches are going to have to be more careful in their recruiting.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]