This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3171167

There is something different about this. Most big leaguers and recent baseball retirees have been scrambling to distance themselves from the Mitchell report. Some have called on their agents or used a neatly crafted statement to explain away their performance-enhancing drug use. But here comes Shane Monahan out of nowhere to confess, unsolicited, his past misdeeds.

Monahan -- who, in baseball parlance, enjoyed a cup of coffee or two in a couple of short stints with the Seattle Mariners over parts of two seasons in the late 1990s -- wasn't exposed by a loose-lipped former teammate, and his name didn't surface as part of a criminal case. He isn't mentioned anywhere in former Sen. George Mitchell's 409-page report on steroid abuse in baseball, released two weeks ago. As Monahan tells it, he was more than willing to detail the temptations and pressures he faced as a 24-year-old trying to stick in the majors, but Mitchell's gumshoe investigators never called.
By sitemdown77
Registration Days Posts
I don't know how many guys know it, but steroids has been riddled throughout college baseball as well. I know of teams that around half of the team was on it. I know pro's are less likely to talk about it within the clubhouse, but you can guess how college kids would be, a little dumber, and more open to run their mouth. With a lot of guys who have taken it at college, you can just imagine how much more prevalent it could have been at the pro level, with guys having more money (aside from parents), and living on the road, etc....
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
LU instituted drug testing back in the 80s and was one of the first in the NCAA to do so. The school took some heat from 1st amendment groups who could not fathom why a school would want to be so intrusive. Looks like LU was just ahead of the times.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Drug testing in general at the college level is a joke...if you wanna do steroids you can do it and know 100% you'll get away with it if you choose the right mix...if they want to do it they will
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Very few colleges test for PED's...most test for the basic street drugs. The cost of PED testing is STEEP...which is why the NCAA never added baseball to the track and football testing.
By uncafan
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Drug testing in general at the college level is a joke...if you wanna do steroids you can do it and know 100% you'll get away with it if you choose the right mix...if they want to do it they will
Yep. If your a college baseball player that wants to do it -- unless you are a complete idiot odds are you'll never get caught.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Duke university under their former coach is exhibit A...and it did not work for Duke.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just lik[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]