This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coach Toman looks out west for some JUCO help at the plate ...
AWC - Phillip Jimenez Signs Letter to Liberty University

Written by Baseball Basis
Thursday, 13 December 2007

Yuma, Arizona - Arizona Western College announced today that AWC Baseball player Phillip ‘P.J.’ Jimenez has signed an official letter of intent to attend NCAA Division I Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, next year and play baseball for the Flames in the spring of 2009. Jimenez is the first Matador Baseball player to officially decide his educational future this season.

The announcement comes just hours after Jimenez completed his last final of the fall semester at AWC, and just 43 days before Jimenez and the Matadors kick off their 2008 regular season campaign at the Caballero Classic.
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
From the same article:
"[Liberty is] a rapidly approaching East Coast powerhouse,” remarked AWC Head Baseball Coach John Stratton. “Coach Toman is a recruiting wizard and a recent National Assistant Coach of the Year while at South Carolina.”
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I once got a speeding ticket in Yuma. That's all I really have to add to this conversation. :jail
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
This is the JC player I mentioned a couple of months ago that we were going to sign. He comes from one of the better HS programs in So. Cal, is a good hitter and a solid defensive player. Should be a good fit for LU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From the Yuma, AZ fishwrap ...
2008 Matador baseball team set for Classic unveiling

BY ROB WEILER, SUN STAFF WRITER
January 25, 2008 - 8:19AM

When P.J. Jimenez took a tour of the Liberty University campus last year, he noticed the university's ongoing efforts to update its buildings and facilities, most of which were built in the 1970s.

Thirty years is not that old, but there's never a better time than the present to build for the future.

Jimenez and the rest of his teammates on the Arizona Western baseball team are taking a similar approach to the 2008 season, which begins this weekend with the Caballero Classic baseball tournament.
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
the university's ongoing efforts to update its buildings and facilities, most of which were built in the 1970s.
Considering that the university didn't even move to the mountain until 1978, I don't think we can say that "most" of our buildings and facilities were "built in the 1970s." The fact of the matter is that most of our campus buildings were built in the 1980s-1990s.
Any :oldhag agree with that?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
the university's ongoing efforts to update its buildings and facilities, most of which were built in the 1970s.
Considering that the university didn't even move to the mountain until 1978, I don't think we can say that "most" of our buildings and facilities were "built in the 1970s." The fact of the matter is that most of our campus buildings were built in the 1980s-1990s.
Actually, with the addition of East Campus, I think most of the buildings were built this decade :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
The only buildings I know for sure were there pre-1980 would have been a portion of the current circle dorms, the 2 1-story academic buildings closest to the ravine, and "Liberty Gym", which is the first half of what is now Schilling. Even the Fine arts and administration buildings were not in the initial phase, but may have been there in 79. All admin offices were in the mansion, and there were music classes meeting in an old house about where the football Stadium is now.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]