This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Good win. Longwood gave #18 Virginia a tough game so Longwood is no fluke.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Come on guys any update should include Chad Miller hitting for the cycle....that doest come easy!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I almost hit for the cycle today playing wiffle ball in one of my classes. All I had left was a single and someone lost the ball. 3-3 with a HR, 3B, and 2B ain't bad.

Sorry, had to toot my own horn.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
If we're going to toot then I have to say our team just might win it all in intramurals and I was 3 for 3 today :lol: :lol:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Yea, but were you hitting leadoff? Did you hit a homer on the second picture of the game and score in 3 consecutive innings? Huh? Didja? Didn't think so.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I wasnt batting leadoff, but cleanup 8) I did have a homerun and scored in 3 consecitiuve innings, but that was only b/c we killed the team like 25-0.....but enough about this before we have the parents tell us to quit fussing
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We won 9-5.

We're comparing stats in wiffle ball and intramurals softball. That's sad.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
You two are my hero's.

here's the REAL story. On REAL athletes :mrgreen: I would think Mr Miller gets the nod for BSOUTH -POTW for this one, anti-LU conspiracies notwithstanding.

Miller Hits for Cycle as Flames Shut Out Lancers
April 18, 2006 · Lynchburg, Va.

Box Score Note:
For game box score, click “Team Stats” link on the right-hand navigation bar as all season box scores are listed on this link.

Chad Miller hit for the cycle in his first four at bats and three Liberty pitchers combined to shut out Longwood as the Flames downed the Lancers, 8-0, Tuesday afternoon in non-conference action at Worthington Stadium.

With the win, Liberty moves to 29-8 overall on the season, while Longwood drops to
18-20.

Miller (Sr., 3B, Wheat Ridge, Colo.) hit for the cycle, a single, double, triple and home run, in his first four at bats and drove in two runs in a 4-for-5 afternoon.

Liberty jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning. Miller got the Flames started with a lead off home run over the left field wall. It was the third baseman’s fourth round tripper of the season. Later in the frame, Aaron Grijalva (r-So., 1B, Redlands, Calif.), who had earlier walked, scored on a RBI single by Abe Yeakel (Jr., C, Kutztown, Pa.). P.K. Keller (So., CF, St. Petersburg, Fla.) followed with a single to right field to score Errol Hollinger (Fr., DH, Upland, Calif.), who had reached on an infield single.

The Flames added single runs in the second and the fourth innings as the combo of Miller and Michael Just (Sr., 2B, Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) produced both runs. In the second, Miller doubled off the wall in left and scored on a single by Just. In the fourth, Miller singled sharply to right field, advanced to second on a wild pitch and scored on a double by Just.

Up 5-0, Liberty extended its lead with two in the sixth and one in the eighth. In the sixth inning, Tommy Bussey (Fr., SS, Boynton Beach, Fla.) was hit by a pitch to open the frame and scored on a triple by Miller as the third baseman completed the cycle. Miller then scored on a sacrifice fly by Grijalva. Pinch hitter David Giammaresi (r-So., DH, Coral Springs, Fla.) plated Just in eighth with a RBI single.

Meanwhile, Liberty pitchers combined to shut out the Lancers on seven hits. Flames’ starter Ryan Page (So., LHP, Cranberry Twp., Pa.) ran his record to 7-1 on the season, allowing five hits over six innings. Billy Daniels (Sr., RHP, Woodbridge, Va.) followed and allowed one hit in 1 2/3 innings, while Andrew Wilson (Fr., RHP, Cary, N.C.) closed out the game, allowing one hit in 1 1/3 innings of work. Junior right-hander Brian McCullough took the loss for Longwood to drop to 4-3 on the season, allowing six runs on 11 hits.

Besides Miller, Just and Yeakel each had three hits on the afternoon, while Hollinger added two hits.

Liberty hits the road tomorrow for an afternoon game against the Richmond Spiders. Game time for the non-conference contest at Pitt Field is scheduled for 3 p.m.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
thank you medic for steering the talk away from "intramurals" :D good win by our guys. let hope we can take out richmond today. i hope this extra weekday game will not tire us for the coastal series.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Coastal played well yesterday knocking off College of Charleston so this weekend will be even better.
CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

No team should get a bye. Not fair. Everyone sho[…]

LSU

We lose 4-0, pitched good enough to win, but as wa[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I […]

Liberty Campus "protest"

Same trans as has been happening in secondary scho[…]