This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Here we go again west. I sat quiet here and am trying to not read to much into your post or let it affect me. But sitting here reading posts after post by you - you acting like you have your finger on the pulse of the program - the self proclaimed expert on baseball and team chemistry - legend of LU Baseball - friend of all baseball players.

GIVE ME A BREAK!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. The players do not dislike Royer - Talk to them (more than 2 or 3 of them). You are talking to a very minority fraction of the team. I know exactly who you are referring to when you say there are issues. I'm not going to bring up their names, because they don't deserve to be mentioned on a baseball thread, it would be more appropriate on a kindergarten website. Ask the major players if Royer is liked, I have and they love Royer and think that these few players are making Royer out to be something he's not. And to tell you the truth - most the players are sick of it too.

There is no question that Royer should be brought back, it's not even an argument and a stupid thing to even contemplate - he wins. First Coach to win 30 games in 3 consecutive years, won more games in three years than any other coach in LU history. He has been in the championship game 3 out 4 years and lost this year to easily the best team in Coastal's History - 14th in the Nation - no one, but LU had a chance to beat them - That is from the mouth of their coach. The question is whether Royer wants to stay in a program that looks at these last few years as unsuccessful. Don't bring up the Pastor teams, the Big South was no where as strong - everyone knows that. Were you even alive in the pastor era? Strength of schedule being worse? NOPE. Here is a chart I developed months ago to prove that we play a comparable schedule as all other teams in the LU History - I think a much harder schedule. And this year was twice as tough than last year with SC and Arizona, not to mention the improvement to Coastal and VMI. Finish the year with a RPI 0f 61. What other teams at LU have finish top 75 in the country?

You think that great coaches are easy to find? That someone else will magically come here and turn into Coastal? You're crazy. Unless you move Liberty to Myrtle Beach. We have a great coach - let's move on and do our best to keep him here!

Let's make more of an effort to get rid of the bad apples on the team and help the old bitter has-been players from stirring up controversy because they have no respect for Liberty and Baseball.

You know what's sad - is I'm probably viewed by this board as being arrogant and hot headed and that's not who I am, I'm just fired up to see MY school make huge strides in competition and not being able to celebrate it!!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:runner up is the first loser
Very original :o

2nd Place is also beeter than 6 other baseball teams.

What place did Football finish last year? I don't remember that same post?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
What do the yellow highlights on your chart mean, Proto?

-+-+-+-+-+-

Never mind. In-state teams. Just figured it out.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm gonna venture to guess teams that made the tournament.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
You're probably right. Marist and High Point are obviously non-VA schools.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think I'm wrong too. A few years Clemson, GT, Miami, etc aren't highlighted.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
JDUB wrote:runner up is the first loser
Very original :o

2nd Place is also beeter than 6 other baseball teams.

What place did Football finish last year? I don't remember that same post?
but football was the first year with rocco. if we consistently finish like we did last year, then you will see that post.
listen, i am not anti royer. i will admit i dont know a ton about the baseball program. i was just pointing out that runner up every year will not be good enough. its not bad, its just not the best, and we need to be striving to be the best. i am not saying that royer cannot take us to that level, because i don't know.
i know we won't finish #1 every single year, but we need to sometimes. i think barber has made it obvious that we will not accept mediocrity.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Libertine and SuperJon - Sorry! My last post had a discription. Teams in Yellow are teams we played in the past that were currently on our 2006 schedule. Was trying to show that we played similar teams throughout the years and not a bunch of Division 2 or Low rated teams.

JDUB - Gotcha! I just hate that expression. For me it's not all about winning, it's important and like to do it, but there are always so many variables.
By The Judge
Sorry I brought my laptop on vacation and boom I'm back.

First things first...Guetterman is the realstic choice to join Royer's staff. It is true Shooter that he has indeed been tracking the teams pitching staff for quite awhile. His assessment is quite different than Tomlin's . He and I sat together at VMI and watched firsthand as some of these so-called pro prospects got lit. Anyway, MR has not decided tpo ask Lee if he would want that job as pitching coach although I think he would be great. He wouldn't put up with the whiners and complainers that is for sure. So if you hate Royer...you really don't want guetter either. I saw Lee in the dugout tell a freshman pitcher who has shown an attitude at VMI that he has a lot to learn. The next week will be very interesting pro or con !

Proto..your exactly right. There are just a few digruntled former players making trouble for Royer. The upper classmen like Solbach, John brothers, Cody Brown, PK Keller, Galliard, Grajalva have all gone on the record that it is just a few players. Not the majority like "No-Body" west keeps spewing. BTW I find it interesting that Pastors didn't enjoy the years with Tomlin as pitching coach. HHHMMMM makes one wonder if anyone asked why Pastors left ???? There is a link of discontent. Tomlin ain't comming back as long as Barber is the AD. No secrets there ! Jeff Barber has seen the light on that one.

Back to my vacation !!!!
The Judge wrote:Don't Peace to the thread ! I'm gone !
The Judge wrote:Sorry I brought my laptop on vacation and boom I'm back.
Surprise, surprise! :lol:
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
good to have you back Judge! Welcome Back:)
The Judge wrote:I saw Lee in the dugout tell a freshman pitcher who has shown an attitude at VMI that he has a lot to learn.
If I was a betting man... I would bet the house, the wife, and the dog on which freshman that was.

BTW...welcome back Judge.
By The Rock
Registration Days Posts
I love how some on here state things like they are facts when they are indeed the exact opposite, thats OK though what is supposed to happen will happen.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
The Rock wrote: what is supposed to happen will happen.
"It is your destiny, Neo." :wink:
By TruthSlayer11
Registration Days Posts
Nothing is more depressing than speaking to current players, the end of the year speech was special to say the least.
By knobodywest
Registration Days Posts
judge; I talked with Coach Tomlin last night, I was surprised to hear that you too had spoken with Him yesterday afternoon. Hmmmm, I think that they maybe rethinking your invitation to spend time at your cabin. You defend one friend, and trash another! Great
What happened to the good stuff you use to bring to this thread? The Rock is correct. Jeff Barber has seen the light, But it does not shine on Tomlin.
Proto, you debate well, and have been a good supporter to MR, I admire that. Both you and I have probably hurt our friends cause more then we have helped them! You don't have to worry about Tomlin coming back to coach, however its not because of Jeff Barber.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
the tone of your post sounds very certain, but I just want to make sure. is this certain?
By knobodywest
Registration Days Posts
He seems really happy to be back into a organization, His family loves it too. Be realistic, they are not going to include me in on any decisions regarding their future. He loves His new job, so maybe its just my opinion.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
wow, i totally misread what you wrote. that post didn't really make any sense. sorry
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
guys.....again i would ask if you have personal issues that you take it up privately, and not bring this into the public forum. it does no good bringing this to the public and just causes more of a ruckus.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
This forum's about to get real interesting.

I will now duck.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Uh oh...
...it IS Friday.

I shall now exit this thread and observe.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Yes it is. 3 of the biggest donors to the program just stopped giving.

Is it really about more than wins and loses? Because Matt was a standup guy that was succesful in his field. Is it about loyalty, because not sure if there are qualified LU alums out there ready to take on LU Baseball for the same salary as Matt and with no lights or support. Is it about Politics, becuase a few children on the team weren't getting there way.

What is this about? A step backwards for a successful program for what reason? Let's get rid of every coach at LU and go for big names with no head coaching experience, i.e. - go pull the folder for Mel Hankinson when you get a chance.

I will always be supportive of LU, I will go to the games, I will cheer for all the sports teams, I will cheer for the next baseball coach, but I will never forgot the blatten disregard for people that has been displayed recently at LU. We are supposed to be different.

If I was Rocco, I would start making peace with those players and parents, because we know who runs athletics at LU.
By TruthSlayer11
Registration Days Posts
I guess that means Demos, Williams and someone else were big baseball fans. Who knew, I'm not even sure if they knew.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
We'll have a short story on our web site shortly. Look for more tomorrow in the paper.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]