This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By The Judge
Whoops your right there scorcho....meant it as a figure of speech. To old for the physical stuff anymore !
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
knobodywest wrote:I was wondering why the baseball program was the only sport on the Liberty Home page under athletics under Dr. Falwell # 1 fan that did not submit a tribute to the impact Jerry has had on their program, and their lives personnaly. Every head coach but baseball has something nice written. Just wondering, as much as Jerry loved baseball.
This is just petty, west. I don't know Royer but I could care less if he wrote a tribute to Doc.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Friendly reminder, here...
...from the sticky at the top of the forum...
bigsmooth wrote:Hello everyone. This is a messageboard, and we all have the right to state what we want. I for one feel that no coach is free from criticism. That is simply human nature, and that is one point of a messageboard. this happens at every school that has one. Is all of this factual?? probably not. Each individual has their sources. There will always be coach defenders and coach killers in every sport, but bringing in personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated. We are on this board because of our love of LU athletics, so let's just keep the personal stuff out of it. BTW, this site is not run by LU, and cannot be taken down, please read the disclaimer at the bottom of the home page. GO FLAMES!!!
http://flamefans.com/forums/posting.php ... te&p=62283
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's why I pointed out personal attacks in this thread twice.

Then made one of my own, although mine was warranted (in my own head) from the other two.
By The Judge
Don't know if I will ever post again. I am a Matt Royer guy and someone who loved Dr. Falwell very much. My commitment was not just talk...but financial as well. MR hasn't been on this site for which I am glad. The lies, deception and pure denial especially as it relates to the pitching staff is legendary. Superjon...you need to look just a little deeper at how you define warranted. Peace to the thread ! I'm gone ! You know I gave you guys the straight dope. Keep asking hard questions.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The Judge wrote:Concentrate on beating the flyes today MJ...the bitterness of not being good enough to be drafted was flatly on your back not Royers. Spike the ball will ya ?
That, to me, is why it was warranted.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
ok anyway - is Grivhalva coming back?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
The Judge wrote:Peace to the thread ! I'm gone !
Anybody want to bet that a new poster named 'lusteal' suddenly starts lurking in the baseball forum?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
it appears you guys worked things out, but i will remind everyone to keep the personal attacks off the board. it will not be tolerated. GMTM, everyone knew what the judge was speaking of without you correcting him as well, so was that really necessary?? we all have a love for liberty baseball which is why we are here. i also know we have a divided camp on who likes or dislikes royer, but please keep this baseball board civilized. the personal stuff is not necessary.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:ok anyway - is Grivhalva coming back?
He is coming back...
By The Shooter
Registration Days
Is the current coach being replaced ?? Who will be the new coach ? I am new to the website and there seems to be alot of talk about needing a new coach.
By sitemdown77
Registration Days Posts
^^^^^^^^^

Didn't take long the The Judge to come back. lol
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
welcome to the board shooter. there have been rumors, but nothing to confirm it. if any change were to be made my guess it would be sooner than later. again, there is nothing to confirm it.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
the rumors have been going on for quite some time, and some of it may be true, but all we know is that royer is still the coach.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I don't hang on the Baseball thread much and don't know much about the program or problems with MR. Is there a thread that sums up both camps? This is truthfully the only time I've heard of this... I usually skip the baseball thread.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
no thread.

everytime this happens we just try to seperate the fighters and return them to their respective corners.

no healing gonna happen. :cry:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Not sure why Coach Royer would be fired. The only thing that I don't like is his scheduling. Seems to be a step down from the Dave Pastor's era. Other than that he seems like he is doing a pretty good job with the program. Seems to do pretty well in conference play agains't the likes of Winthrop and Coastal.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i think the problem is more between the players and the coach
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Not sure why Coach Royer would be fired. The only thing that I don't like is his scheduling. Seems to be a step down from the Dave Pastor's era. Other than that he seems like he is doing a pretty good job with the program. Seems to do pretty well in conference play agains't the likes of Winthrop and Coastal.

Jeff Barber Re: Randy Dunton (paraphrasing): It's about more than wins and losses.
By knobodywest
Registration Days Posts
regardless of what the chemistry is between player and coach, the fact that we have not made it past the Big South Championship Game since back when Pastors was here, is the problem. Jeff Barber wants to take LU athletics to a higher level, he proved with Basketball that he is not willing to settle for a mediocre program. Now add to this equation all of the other problems that have plagued this baseball team for the past four years. Everyone on here knows what problems I mean, no need to mention them again.
From listening to the guys, they too are ready for a change, they too are tired of the same problems year after year. I am sure that if a change is forthcoming, Jeff Barber will bring in the best. If it is anything like basketball, the decision was made months ago.
By The Shooter
Registration Days
I have two friends here in Florida that told me Lee Guetterman is going to be named the new pitching coach. Several parents have told these same people Lee Guetterman has been attending many games this year to become familiar with the staff. Royer and Guetterman are good friends as well. Anybody else hear this ?
By knobodywest
Registration Days Posts
shooter; the rumors that have been lingering over Liberty are Tomlin Bream Guetterman, all three ex major leaguers, all three Liberty Alumni. According to some very credible people that was what JF wanted as well. Remember so far it is just rumors. We may all be surprised!, and then again we may not! Personnally I don't think we stand a chance getting Tomlin back, I don't know about the other two. Jeff Barber will do what is best for the program. I am sure that if he is making a change, He already has someone in mind.
By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't be terribly surprised to get Tomlin back at LU, given the right circumstances for him. Personally, I don't think he was too keen on leaving given the issues with his son and that his family lives up the road in Mad Heights.

I'm not too sure Royer gets the boot this year though. Either way I wouldn't be surprised though I guess. Like all of you I've heard a lot of different stories. In the end though, you look at what he's done the last three years. More than thirty wins, runner up in the Big South the last two seasons, and this year the schedule was a little tougher down the stretch. If a change is made, I agree with SJ, would be based on more than just wins and losses. If you base it on that alone, would make no sense. Look at the Atlanta Braves, 14 straight division titles, and only one world series-not too many people are saying Bobby Cox has taken that team as far as it can go.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
runner up is the first loser
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]