This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Oh well, I have to drive into work. The game will probably be over by the time I arrive. Somebody drop in some commentary if you feel led.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Fumble, you went to Sedalia??? I almost went myself, but I'll definitely be there in June with my camper for the Bluegrass Festival.

Now, back to baseball...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Before I go, here is Tim John's line through 5 innings:

5.0 Innings Pitched
4 Hits Allowed
2 Runs Allowed
1 Earned Run
3 Ks
2 Walks

Not bad for his first start since last year's conference tourney.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Sly: No idea. I didn't make the trip. We have someone from the Rock Hill 'wrap freelancing it. Would have ended up being very expensive trip, especially if LU lost in the first game. Eight-plus hours of driving, plus overtime for me, plus meals, etc. So I asked my boss if we should freelance it instead. If LU wins both and goes to the NCAAs, I won't go either, but that's because I'm going on a pre-planned vacation next week, not because the company won't pay for it.

My thinking on the issue would have been entirely different if Liberty was undefeated heading into today, rather than being in the loser's bracket.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Fumble, you went to Sedalia???
Well worth the $12...and ran into Scorcho, there (who was NOT wearing the "colors," I might add...

It was all sorts....some vinegar...some dry rub...some rot gut beef BBQ that I simply spit out. A group of engineers that just enter occasional contests was my fave...a dry rub with a great tomato-based sauce.

OK...nothing like some BBQ to go with Mem Day weekend baseball. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Anyone else find it amusing that the logo for the home team on Live Stats is a SOFTBALL girl?
http://www.winthropeagles.com/livestats ... E.htm?KEY=
I was just thinkin' to myself...what a despicable stat board.....i've seen much better top notch looking stat boards....ugh!!
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately, it appears the game is going south...
....Coastal leads 6-4 after 7
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chants take the lead by 2 runs, but we start out the next inning with a lead-off double.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Flames inch one run closer but still down 6-5.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
2 on, 2 out...and another pitching change for Coastal...and Negron up.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
9th inning coming up, Flames down by 1.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chants win BSC tournament, 6-5. Flames go 3 up, 3 down in the ninth, but still finish runner-up in the tournament.
By Coastal89
Registration Days Posts
Good game. The Flames definately showed they'll be in the mix next year. FWIW, Nick McCully's pitches to your last batter were 96mph on the scoreboard radar.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Great effort- tough loss today
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations to the Flames on a terrific season under the circumstances. You guys stood up toe to toe with arguably the best team the Big South has ever produced.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to the players and coaches...for finishing the year strong.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
an up and down year, but a strong finish will help for the future. congrats to the players and coaches on a fine season.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks to Coach Royer and the guys, esp the seniors, for making us proud

good strong finish- and a couple great conf series results this season; WU comes to mind
By Chantzilla
Registration Days Posts
Congrats Flames on a sturdy tournament effort!

Looking for bigger & better things from you guys in 2008.

I hope we represent the Big South proudly during the next week (hopefully the week after that & the week after that too :D )
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Chantzilla wrote:Congrats Flames on a sturdy tournament effort!

Looking for bigger & better things from you guys in 2008.

I hope we represent the Big South proudly during the next week (hopefully the week after that & the week after that too :D )

good luck in the regionals.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]