This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
I just sticking it to VMI whenever possible just to hear some of their fans moan. :D On their old Yahoo site, BobcatTurner used to put out some classic whining.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
VMI is playing to stay alive today against CCU.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:Winthrop vs. Liberty tomorrow @ 8:00...LU should be confident knowing they just swept WU a couple of weeks ago...WU should be hungry to prove that they can beat the Flames. Should be a good matchup. I know Jason Franzblau is pitching for WU...who will be on the mound for LU? Solbach?
I think Royer will send Wallace up and save our top starters for a real team:)

JK!!

I believe Stokes will be starting.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:I just sticking it to VMI whenever possible just to hear some of their fans moan. :D On their old Yahoo site, BobcatTurner used to put out some classic whining.
they're a bit agitated over there these days about the annual team "fade", which is understandable. We second that emotion at times.

the other thing that torqued them off was Game Tracker referring to them as "Virginia Military" in spite of the fact that their programs specifically ask people to NOT do that. :dontgetit Some tradition, I suppose?

SMOOTHIE needs to explain that one to me, I didn't want to ask on their board and look (more) ignorant.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: they're a bit agitated over there these days about the annual team "fade", which is understandable. We second that emotion at times.
To hear them tell it, theirs are the most snake-bit programs in the country.
the other thing that torqued them off was Game Tracker referring to them as "Virginia Military" in spite of the fact that their programs specifically ask people to NOT do that. :dontgetit Some tradition, I suppose?
Yeah, I don't get that either. I mean, is that not their name?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
yes it is virginia military institute, but people in virginia and their old SoCon brethren know them as VMI. you would be surprised that when called "virginia military" that some do not realize that it is actually VMI.
By The Judge
If Solbach can throw a bullpen and demonstrate he is ok...he will pitch. Short of that...MR and the trainer won't let him throw. I'm not holding my breath...even though he is a warrior ! Umberger was outstanding 16 straight at one point. Good for the rest of the staff and with two full days rest..if we get to a championship game...maybe he throws a few innings too. I like where this team is sitting. The pitching is still suspect to be sure..but the position of being in the winners brackett can make the difference in terms of limiting the use of the big horses so to speak. Hoping for the best. Royer did a great job with managing the game in that ninth inning. Browny and Nate came up huge. But Negron was huge with that bunt. I found out MR calleand said we must have this bunt to the first base side. He gave himself up, got it down and still almost beat it. The VMI coacch never should have put the winning run on. But that is why its a risky business. It backfired and we are where we are as a result of execution. If we win tonight and don't get spent in the pen...anything is possible !!!
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Through 4 1/2, UNCA up 9-4 on High Point.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was just talking about the pitching situation with GMTM last night. And I told him in my vast experience covering college baseball tourneys, if you don't stay in the winners bracket into the championship game you are going to run out of pitching. That applies to everyone. Some guys who played very small roles in the regular season will have to step up and perform.

If we can get anything out of Solbach it would be outstanding. But we need to be prepared otherwise.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
UNCA hangs on to win 9-7.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
VMI stays close but cannot get over the top. coastal wins 4-2, and the keydets head home. one of the best if not the best in VMI history.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The best based on record. They have developed quite a nice program in Lexington.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
David Stokes on the hill for LU tonight.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
LU and WU tied at 1 in the top of the 6th inning.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
just left bases loaded
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Leave 2 more on base- not going to get a lot of more chances against winthrop
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
4-1 Winthrop final. LU vs. UNCA tomorrow morning in an elimination game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Gut check time.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Pretty well played game by both sides, both teams had some spectacular defensive plays. The difference in the game was a short meltdown by Tim John when he came in to relieve the starter. Walked home a couple of guys.

Jim Bob Norman adopted LU as his team late in the game.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I figured that this was going to happen. When you sweep a good team there is always chance of payback. Seemed like a well played game but we an opportunity with the bases loaded and 1 out and managed to blow the opportunity.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Solbach likely to start the UNCA game.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Great...sure hope he can hold out.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Solbach likely to start the UNCA game.
Correction. Ryan Page is starting.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]