This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Brown's sac fly ties it up at 5 and we still have runers on 1st & 2nd with 2 outs.

Then what should've been the inning ending grounder to 3rd results in a fielding error and the Flames win!

WU - 5
LU - 6

Final
Last edited by Sly Fox on May 12th, 2007, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man...I hate to say it but this sort of ending is what most would think happened TO Liberty, not for Liberty
By The Judge
I stand by every word of what I said. Just because it is deleted doesn't change a thing. It's still true ! Its me talking for me no-one else !
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
another good win for the guys. maybe we are getting hot at the right time.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
great job by the guys and Coach

gotta really sting for WU, who had to at least get 2/3 this weekend.

can't say I'm heartbroken that we're going to win this series :D
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The Judge wrote:I stand by every word of what I said. Just because it is deleted doesn't change a thing. It's still true ! Its me talking for me no-one else !
Im sure it wasn't deleted for its trueness or untrueness my friend...where people were taking issue was that you were saying it after the guys picked up a huge win and it was in a discussion about the series against Winthrop this weekend. I mean I do not know what was said but that is what I can gather coming into this late
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Nice win today considering we were down 4-0 and no base runners heading into the 7th. David G. coming up big again today. Lets get the sweep tomorrow.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
A Great day to take the wife out to the Mansion Lawn for a picnic oh maybe around 2 :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
krh, that's every wife's Mother's Day dream--esp. if she is the one packing the picnic lunch! :roll:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
For those who are picnicing it today probably like what is going on right.now. Dustin Umberger is pitching one whale of a game and we lead going into the 6th 3-0.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Way to jinx it Steve...tied 3-3 in top of the 7th.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
bases loaded all tied up at 4 in the bottom of the 8th
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
5-4 bases still loaded....Flames keep playing small ball in the bottom of the 8th...5 hits so far and there is only 1 out
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
7-4 now Liberty...after a throwing error by Noland...still only 1 out in the bottom of the 8th
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
The can has been opened...2 run single by Keller...9-4 now LU in the bottom of the 8th
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Winners!!!! 9-6 and sweep the series...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
BROOM JOB! This is absolutely huge...and great job by the guys to roar back in the 8th after Winthrop took the lead
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
There was a scuffle in the 9th I believe with one of our fans and the Winthrop coach. The guy had been heckling the pitcher and the coach pretty much since the time he got there with his broom. A Winthrop batter got drilled in the head and the coach came out. On the way to the plate he took time to yell at the fan and get the umpire to throw him out the game. The umpire told the LU coach to do something about the kid, and he had Dwayne Carson and Jeff Barber to go over and get the kid, but he left before they could get over there.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Can't let a fan, no matter how obnoxious, get to you. That being said, sounds like it might have been fun to watch.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did anybody see if the fan with the broom drove away in a blue Jeep Compass? :P
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Winners!!!! 9-6 and sweep the series...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I had to take off early, now i'm mad since it looks like a missed a good game and some entertainment with the fan....

what was this kid saying anyways??? Was it really anything to get upset at??? looks like WU's coach needs to chill out and focus on his team who seem to be struggling this weekend
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on sweeping the series. Liberty did a good job of playing well in the late innings...Winthrop did not.
By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
Great set of wins on the diamond. This team definately has its swager back after sweeping one of the top teams in the conference. The most unbelieveable part of this one had to be Joe Hudak's decision to stay with Jason Franzbla, his starter, through the mess in the eighth inning. Apparently, after the game Hudak said he thought Franzbla was throwing as good in the eighth inning as he was in the beginning. I've rarely been one to question coaches, especially one like Hudak, but that might have been one of the worst coached innings I've seen in a long time. Great job by our hitters to respond after getting down. We can actually grab the two seed with a pair of wins next weekend and a couple of Winthrop losses.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]