This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
or you can subscribe to it for 5.99 per month. and you get all access to all events.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Case Vaden and Rob Whitley. This is a rematch of a great American Legion pitching duel from last summer, Vaden for Lynchburg and Whitley for Danville. This could be a good game...or get ugly in a hurry.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
LU with 4 in the top of the 2nd to go ahead 4-0.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
6-4 LU in the bottom of the third inning. LU was up 6-0 to begin the bottom of the third but the Hokies have scored 4 runs and there is still nobody out.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Like I said...it could get ugly in a hurry. Vaden was awesome the first two innings and it looked like it caved in on him. That's a shame...he's a good kid. Hopefully we can keep pounding the ball on Tech.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
6-all now...
...both SP out of the game by the 3rd. I had the over/under at 4 IP...guess I lost.

We REALLY needed Chase to go deeper in the game. Our pen needs the break.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We need to keep the bats going since the pitching ain't cutting it right now. The Nanry triple ties it up at 8.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Flames go ahead 9-8. If the JUDGE is reading this...do you think we're missing Tomlin just a weee bit?
(not being a smart alec, just wanting to know what others think).
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
this is not baseball (6 errors). 11-9 VT.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I think the Sportscritic just told it like it is...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:this is not baseball (6 errors). 11-9 VT.
Yes it is...little league baseball! (although Im not sure Ive seen many little league teams that committed 6 errors in a game)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Flames go ahead 9-8. If the JUDGE is reading this...do you think we're missing Tomlin just a weee bit?
(not being a smart alec, just wanting to know what others think).
Missing what? His stellar recruting skills? Vaden was his recruit. Today was going to be tough win, we didn't need to win. We need to rest are good pitchers, we are not real deep.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we are going to lose this one. Seems as if we are running out of gas.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We just committed our 7th error. Unbelievable.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We don't deserve to win playing this poorly.
By sitemdown77
Registration Days Posts
Hey proto, just so ya know.....anything under a 5.00 ERA is an stellar year for any freshman pitcher. Vaden has only thrown 10 innings this year and is sitting about 3.38. Freshman, just don't come in and shove. I'd say a freshman lefty who can run it up to mid 80's or even a little more is a pretty sold recruit. Know what you're talking about. It's about being able to develop them over a couple years while they are in the program and learning how to pitch, use their stuff, and develop into "pitchers" like "our good guys now" (so ya say). Tim John threw 8.1 innings his freshman year with like a 15 ERA, and Solbach red-shirted. The good pitchers need about 2 weeks rest, all of the arms are run down, just can't get it now.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
So it's not just me who thinks our pitchers are more than tired.
By sitemdown77
Registration Days Posts
They're completely exhausted SJ. The arms are worn down bad.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
seven errors are inexcusable in college baseball IMO. i would like to get sitem or the judge's opinion on this, but much like last year our pitchers arms are done going into the stretch run. other than following UVA and other ACC teams, i do not see this type of wear and tear with their pitching staffs. is there an explanation for this?? i know this was a weekday game and our weekend guys were not pitching, but it makes zero sense. in any regard, here is the game wrap-up.

http://libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID= ... 5&TeamID=1
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:i would like to get sitem or the judge's opinion on this, but much like last year our pitchers arms are done going into the stretch run. other than following UVA and other ACC teams, i do not see this type of wear and tear with their pitching staffs. is there an explanation for this??
I'm not one of those two, but I have a theory. Of course, Proto and Your Honor would shoot me down for it.
By The Judge
I'll try to be charitable to Sitemdown ! I don't know any pitching coach in HS, Legion, college, major league scout, crosschecker ANYWHERE on planet earth that would have the nerve to suggest that a starting pitcher in a rotation in the middle or late in a conference schedule needs two weeks off for rest !! For the rest of you lab monkeys...keep your eye on the ball. Even when MR is gone...stupid comments like that should either make you laugh or just shake your head. Sorry that wasn't to charitable. I'm having a bad day.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]