This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Too Late – Already started typing – so I’m going to say it.

OK - I don't have time to write that much today, but want to clarify some points.

1) First, I nor anyone on this board is a baseball coach. We all no nothing about coaching, arm strength, arm angles, how much time a player should rest, etc... This is a good place to argue points like that, but everyone on here sounds like they could coach tomorrow if asked. I'm pulling for SuperJon to throw his hat in.

2) Bream/Guetterman? Give me a break!!!! They have as much coaching experience as I do. That would be a great idea. Let's get rid of a coach that historically has won over the past 15 years and bring in two figure heads with no experience. That's like me bringing in two guys that were models in an ad and letting them run my company. If you think name recognition is going to get on a plane or drive in a car 200 days a year and recruit or know how to run a game properly - that is absurd.

3) Pitching Counts? What a joke. If I had a lot of free time, I would pull other Big South Teams and show you the stats that would prove that Royer is not wearing down the pitchers arms. It's the lack of Talent and Depth. When a starter only makes it a couple innings, it forces you to throw the same names day after day in relief. (OK - I found some time. And it's proof that we are not over using the pitchers. Come on - someone explain how the following shows that Royer is over using anyone!!)

4) Page a starter? Come on, I know little about pitching or hitting, but I can tell you the guy has 2 pitches - a fast ball and a slider. As a starter, hitters pick up on that early and then drill you late in the games. As a reliever, the time they figure that out , the games already over or the next reliever is in.

5) Me backing Royer? Knobodywest - have you been gone for a while. I believe you are responding to something that I said a month ago that has nothing to do with the current thread. But, again. I’m not great friends with Royer. Is he a friend, ABSOLUTLY. He is a tremendous guy and cares more for this baseball team and Liberty than anyone I know. He wants to win worse than any other coach at Liberty. And you know what he does.

6) I hate that I let this stuff get to me, but it just drives me crazy that a coach who has won more games in Liberty’s history the last two years, continues to field a competitive team – constantly has to be subject to rumors about his job, rumors about people taking his job, criticism about how he over uses pitchers (when that clearly isn’t the case), and personal jabs at his character. All because a few spineless athletes can’t come to him directly, have to run to Mommy and Daddy.

7) FINAL POINT – ask any coach in the Big South about the LU Baseball Team and they will tell you that the LU program is the best it’s ever been and that Royer runs a good clean program. Ask them – I have. Most brought up that our programs weren’t that clean in the past.

Let’s stop the "FIRE Royer" campaign and start the "LET’S TRY AND KEEP A GREAT COACH" campaign.
By knobodywest
Registration Days Posts
#1 I was referring to your post made on May 1st at 9:00 on page 2 of this thread
#2 Why then were all of the scouts looking at Page as a starter, I would hope they would know what they are looking for
#3 we don't keep stats on how many pitches are guys throw in the bullpen before even entering a game
#4 Not the coaches I have talked to in the Big South, best it has ever BEEN, you are crazy man. We have yet to win a conference
#5 I wish the NCAA would have as much enthuisiam over Royers winning record as you do so we could get an at large bid being how successful He has been
#6 Though you are right about the guys being clean and staying out of trouble!
# 7 the entire team is more then just a few spineless players can't you it least see that, you seem to think its just a few.
#8 the only one who ever mentions firing Matt is you Proto, you polute this site with that
if you really want to help your friend, then stay off here with your "were all out to get Matt Royer fired attitude" like we have the power to do that!
these are legitimate questions, not lies, not character attacks, only when you rewrite them.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
knobodywest - Aren't we defensive too. You have always back Tomlin, is it unfair for me to back Royer too? You have always gone against me, do I know you? Why does it always seem personal with you?

Let's go Flames! Let's go Flames!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:1) First, I nor anyone on this board is a baseball coach. We all no nothing about coaching, arm strength, arm angles, how much time a player should rest, etc... This is a good place to argue points like that, but everyone on here sounds like they could coach tomorrow if asked. I'm pulling for SuperJon to throw his hat in.
The reason I don't listen to half of what you say is in this statement right here. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about with that point. Nobody on here has coached before? Yea, if you say so. If you said head coach then yea, sure, you have a point. If you're talking college, then yea, you have a point. If you want to talk high school then you're completely wrong.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ok guys, this thread started about the VT game and now it is a coaching clinic?? no one said anything about firing matt royer on this thread. i actually thought some good legitimate questions were asked. it was just a well known rumor which is all it is..a rumor. some like matt, some do not, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. i think they have been stated, so let's move on. im gonna close this one up.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]