This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
Told you guys, something about that freakin' ballpark...
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
:banghead
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hmm, we leave pitchers in too long and give up a double digit lead. Sounds familiar.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Number1inda'hoodG wrote:Told you guys, something about that freakin' ballpark...
I've seen alot of baseball in my life, but the craziest games I've ever seen have been at that field. No lead is ever safe there.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
this is just awful
By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
Definately the craziest I ever saw in my life was last year's Big South Title Game. But this one would be up there, had I seen it for myself. Thankfully, Big South is at Winthrop this year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
And let the fire Royer threads begin...
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
hum .....we don't get picked off in at 3rd in the 4th could be 14-14 but that is the way it goes. We owned Coastal this weekend we could have easily swept this series. We came out ready to play. Hopefully we will continue to play like this.
By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
If you want to look at a difference maker, how bout' the team ERA of 9.31 over the weekend...13 runs, and 9 runs should be enough to win ballgames.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Liberty Baseball - leaving pitchers in way to long to give up double digit leads.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It is a shame to have lost 2 out of 3 considering that both losses were such heartbreakers. Big leads that just slipped away and a Coastal team that just never gives up. I am trying to put this in a positive perspective given the fact they rarely loose at home and they are in the top 20. Hopefully this play will continue into the Winthrop and Arizona series.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
These are the types of losses that can kill a season. Not saying it's definitely gonna happen, but it'll be interesting to see how they respond.
By The Judge
The fact is Solbach pitched 4 innings....any talk that he leaves pitchers in too long is just ignorant. We don't have a closer other than John. Coach Royer ( fired or not ) did whatever he could to win these games. The rest of the commentary is that our guys played their hearts out. No-one is hurting more than those guys on that bus right now. I'm pretty certain they won't pass the buck. Lack of quality depth not overuse is the truth. Those men played their herats out...but they lost. Thats it ! On to Virginia Tech !
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Who's to blame when you blow two leads in one game (3-run and 2-run) and lose in the last inning and then, the very next game blow a 10-run lead? Not to mention they blew a 3-run lead in the game they won and had to win it in extra innings. Good ball clubs don't blow multiple run leads.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It sucks considering the way we lost both of those games and I don't think that you can put the blame on anyone for what happened but that is college baseball and that is the way it is when you play good teams. It's never over til it's over. But I am sure that some of us are grateful that we took at least 1 game.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Steve
You are right looking back we would have probably said we would be happy w/ 1 of 3 but it is frustrating under the circumstances when you had a top 20 team on the ropes twice at thier place. Interesting statements from Matt Hogue during the game today - before we blew the lead he thought we would be the frint runner for 1st place and also mentioned that we would have a chance at a at large bid.
By Number1inda'hoodG
Registration Days Posts
Nothing personal against Matt Hogue, but apparently he didn't look at our out of conference schedule before he mentioned the at large thing...
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
i laughed when hogue said LU should be considered for an at large bid.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]