This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
LU down 5-0 just came back to tie it in the 5th
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
actually take the lead 6-5
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cool. We could use another victory today.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I sat through about an inning and a half of the game this afternoon, and I felt like I was at the North Pole. The way the wind was blowing out to right, the wind chill had to be in the 30s. It looked like parents weekend, with hardly a college kid in sight: you had the Marshall crowd sitting behind the Herd dugout and decked out in their green and either sitting on blankets or were wrapped up in them (or both). The LU parents and/or 40-something aged fans were sitting to the left of the Herd fans.

When a Herd player jacked one over the fence in right for a 2-run dinger, one of the Marshall parents walked out and retreived the ball for the player, which I thought was a very nice thing to do. No "We Are Marshall" cheers during the short time that I was there.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
A lot of kids from school left to go home for Easter. We actually get a day off for it this year so it was easier for us to go home and spend it with our families.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Super, that is a nice short Easter Break for the students, but my guess is since the players had 3 games this weekend, many players' parents decided to come here to spend Easter with their baseball playing sons, since they couldn't go home for the break.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
After 6 innings, LU up 8-6.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Super, that is a nice short Easter Break for the students, but my guess is since the players had 3 games this weekend, many players' parents decided to come here to spend Easter with their baseball playing sons, since they couldn't go home for the break.
I agree, I was just saying why the students weren't there.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Through 8, LU leads 11-7.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It's over now. We win 11-7. Another nice comeback. Now lets go out there and sweep.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Anybody catch the play at the plate with two out in the top of the 7th...I thought things were getting ready to get ugly...There was no need for the runner to try to deck the catcher when he was going to be out by a mile
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Tyler Light is pitching one heck of a game so far. We lead 6-1 with Phil John homering in the 4th.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:
prototype wrote:The whole rest Solbach thing is a joke. This isn't football - Pitchers like to stay on a schedule. Solbach pitches every Friday. ONCE a week!! If he takes a game off he wouldn't through in a game situation in two weeks - that would not be a good move.
I'm glad someone finally said that on here...There's no need to rest your starting pitchers if they aren't pitching more than once a week (unless they are hurt)...

Well maybe it hasnt been diagnosed but he's complaining pain in his arm and he topped out at 82 yesterday when he's pumped it up to low to mid 90's so call it what you want

Congrats to the guys for pulling these games out....they were a loud mouth group of guys and I'm glad we shut them up....hopefully we'll get on top earlier b/c against 90% of the rest of our opponents if we get down it'll get ugly, but if we get up they may panic
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's gotta feel great to go up against a bunch of trash-talkers and be able to talk back with bats, gloves and arms and sweep them. Great job guys!
:clapping :clapping :clapping
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]