This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
On Tuesday.

W&M is currently #2 in the CAA, and has won 4 straight including a close one against VMI. They are 19-13 on the year.

How are you guys?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're banged up right now and our results have been rough the past couple of weeks as a result. But we'll give the Tribe a game here Tuesday before we head over to the 'Burg next week.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
banged up is being polite...our Ace is really really hurting right now
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no doubt our ace is banged-up. is his arm still connected?
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:banged up is being polite...our Ace is really really hurting right now
So....
...why did they ride him so long in a non-conference game?? That was my point in the Monmouth thread to give him some light work and get some of the other pitchers in the games.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Why did we use a pitcher two innings too long in the championship game last year?

Why is Ryan Page a reliever?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:banged up is being polite...our Ace is really really hurting right now
So....
...why did they ride him so long in a non-conference game?? That was my point in the Monmouth thread to give him some light work and get some of the other pitchers in the games.

Yeah...I dont get that one to much...we do have a important tourny come'n right around the bend...I wouldnt have minded sittin him and try to heal up...but if it's as bad as..well, he say's it is he may need to sit the rest of the way...and not pitch

but thats your area Fumble...who has final say on if a player plays or not? if the Doc say's he shouldnt does he make the call or coach?
By The Judge
Coach MR takes his orders from the Doctor once a player has had the visit. Of course he talks to the player...but never goes against what the doctor tells him. On that he has been consistent.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
thanks...that's good to hear...I hope he doesnt try to be a hero and understand he has a very bright future so sit even if everyone else wants you to go
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
The Judge wrote:Coach MR takes his orders from the Doctor once a player has had the visit. Of course he talks to the player...but never goes against what the doctor tells him. On that he has been consistent.
The Judge speaketh the truth.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
flames down 2-1 bottom of the 3rd, with runners on 2nd and 3rd. go flames!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We weren't playing very good. Only had one error but should have had two, and a third "mental" error on a badly played ball in the outfield.

Our guys loaf on the field and the ticks me off more than anything. Their body language on the field is horirble.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Down 6-1 now. We are clearly not the same team we were earlier in the year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I left after four. I was incredibly bored and couldn't stand watcing guys loaf around, and baseball's my favorite sport.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I left after four. I was incredibly bored and couldn't stand watcing guys loaf around, and baseball's my favorite sport.
well at least i saw a real college baseball game in Tucaloosa AL on my 497 sport management trip featuring LSU and UA. LU is not even on that level. I am glad i didn't come to the game today.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Tim Park is a baller.

See you guys next week.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Another disappointing effort by LU. Lost 8-3.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...that wasn't a good game to watch at all....it seemed like every time I looked up lead off man was getting on for W&M...and they knew what to do at that point. We'd get a lead off double and we couldn't do squat.

I agree SJ that was a mental error in left. Just keep the ball in front at that point....it's one thing to dive for a ball in the gaps (you'll have someone there backing you up) but don't risk it where that ball was hit.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
How bout leaving the bases loaded?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
yeah...I wasnt there for that one though
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You must've gotten there after I left. I think I saw your dad there though.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Disapointing :?

what is going on with this team already?
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]