This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Former Flames’ Pitcher Brian Adams Signs Triple A Contract With Cubs
February 23, 2006 · Lynchburg, Va.

Former Liberty Flames’ pitcher Brian Adams has signed a contract to play with the Chicago Cubs’ Triple A team, the Iowa Cubs for the upcoming 2006 season.

The former Flames’ left-hander was an 8th round draft pick of the Boston Red Sox in 2000 and last season pitched for the Fargo-Morehead RedHawks of the Northern League. Adams, 28, was 2-1 with a 1.51 ERA and a team-high 11 saves for the RedHawks in 2005. He pitched 47.2 innings and allowed ten runs (eight earned) on 31 hits. Adams struck out 50 batters, walked 19 and held opponents to a .182 batting average. He was moved into the closer’s role in early August where he recorded ten saves and was 1-1 with a 1.06 ERA in the final month of the season.

Adams spent three seasons in the Boston organization after being drafted by the team. He was then traded to the Milwaukee Brewers organization where he pitched two seasons, before joining Fargo-Morehead last season.

Adams, a native of Bishopville, S.C., pitched one season with the Flames in 2000. He went 7-5 with a 4.87 ERA in 17 appearances for Liberty. The left-hander led the staff in innings pitched in 2000 with 101 1/3 innings, striking out 88 and walking 24. He also pitched four complete games. The Flames that season won the Big South Conference championship and advanced to the NCAA Regionals where they became the first Liberty team in any sport to a win an NCAA Division I Tournament game.

I got most of his albums, had no idea he pitched for LU.
"back in the summer of 69"
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
My last name is Adams as well, i will be keeping a close eye on this. I mean the cubs relief staff isn't that great, he could hit the bigs.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He was one of the guys I was keeping up with on the old site. Here is his mug from the Northern League team he played for last season:

Athens Regional

Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend. A[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]