This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By AATL
Encouraging weekend so far. Liberty is likely staring down an autobid-or-bust scenario, so it's been an encouraging couple of weekends to see things start to click for a few key pieces. Gainey is having a very strong night and proving last week was not a fluke; it'd be great to see him and Tepper keep that with consistency heading down the stretch to set up a nice tournament rotation behind Horn. Kepley and Horton are getting on base a ton, which helps since this isn't a big HR threat team.

Also, if you'd told me before the season that Jaylen Guy would hit .250 I'd have been ecstatic. He crested .300 tonight. Even setting aside his elite defense, it has been a ton of fun to watch his comeback.
ballcoach15, flamehunter, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Jalen Guy’s offensive production has been a fantastic surprise. A few of the freshmen are really starting to play well too.
And unless the next game we lose is the conference championship game I don’t think an at-large is realistic anymore. But with that being said I do believe we have the pitching and the potential of young guys stepping up offensively as the season progresses to win the tourney and make it 4 straight in NCAA for us.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Down by 2 in the 6th. Runners on first and second with no outs and we bunt and don’t score. With only 12 outs remaining in the game we give them a free one.
I really like Jackson but this is by far my biggest gripe with him. Bunting actively hurts the team and lowers the chances of scoring.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]