This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Crazy Joe Davola
I am here for game 1!

Going to be a tough one against a great ECU team, but Flames doing well so far up 1-0 top of the 3rd.Think I am the only Liberty fan here haha. :D
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Just an absurd number of walks tonight. 11 walks with no outs in the 7th inning so far. It’s absolutely killing us. I’m starting to get really worried that we aren’t a good team.
Still plenty of season to turn it around but we’ve been anything but sharp this year.
LU 57, Chippy liked this
By AATL
Tough night for the pen. It's tough to give up bases loaded freebies and have to play from behind against a staff like ECU's. Jaylen Guy is having one heck of a game though; two doubles and a maybe HR robbery? It's a shame they didn't have a better angle, but it was a heck of a catch regardless and he covered a ton of ground.
aredd33, LU 57, Chippy liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
7-2 is the final. Nearly impossible to beat a team that good and issue 12 free passes.
Anyway, let’s move in from tonight and go win the series.
AATL liked this
By AATL
It hasn't looked like the bats have the firepower to bail out rough nights from the mound to this point. They're young and will grow and settle as they get more reps and find some consistency at a couple positions, but there are some ASUN teams raking and it might be tough sledding if they're reliant on Horn & Co posting dominant outings each weekend.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:04 pm It hasn't looked like the bats have the firepower to bail out rough nights from the mound to this point. They're young and will grow and settle as they get more reps and find some consistency at a couple positions, but there are some ASUN teams raking and it might be tough sledding if they're reliant on Horn & Co posting dominant outings each weekend.
That’s my concern as well about conference play, there are several teams that look really good with quality wins already, and we are seemingly very vanilla on offense.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Schedule change. They are playing 2 today beginning at 4.
AATL liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We get dump trucked in game one of the DH…on to game 2.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
ECU isn't ranked #12 by accident. There is a year round commitment that is uncommon. I hope it is a series that continues, to be the best you have to play the best.
By Ill flame
It's one thing to play well and get beat by a better team but that's not what has been happening this season. I don't think we are a bad team. After all we are still beating up the weaker teams and even beat a solid Duke but this isn't the same quality of team we are used to seeing under Scott Jackson. Hopefully we improve throughout the season and make a run in the asun tournament.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]