This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Interesting. Will Ian pounce on maximizing budgets to get our top 40 (ish) Softball and Baseball Programs in to top 10 ? I think better return on investment than CUSA Football right now for overall “LU Brand”.

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This makes for an interesting allocation discussion. Will schools now do away with these positions since they may not have the money to finance them?
Good News - Your volunteer position is now categorized as a Full Time Paid Position
Bad News - We are eliminating one Full Time Paid Position

Do schools need an Assistant TE Quality Control Coach for the football team or a 2nd Paid Assistant for the Softball team? A Department only has so much money
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 11th, 2023, 4:49 pm This makes for an interesting allocation discussion. Will schools now do away with these positions since they may not have the money to finance them?
Good News - Your volunteer position is now categorized as a Full Time Paid Position
Bad News - We are eliminating one Full Time Paid Position

Do schools need an Assistant TE Quality Control Coach for the football team or a 2nd Paid Assistant for the Softball team? A Department only has so much money
Agreed if you aren’t in a P5 - OR a wealthy G5 school that can increase team budgets accordingly without sacrificing any football $. I would have to think the $ LU has poured in to both Softball and Baseball - and the great foundation and success they have both built - it should be an easy ask for Ian. Seems like the freed up recruiting aspect would be enormous.
By Ill flame
Adding another full time assistant coach for softball and baseball have been overdue for awhile. There's no doubt we'll take advantage and it should help us slightly along with our move to better competition in C-USA and the new indoor facility. I would love to see us make a super regional before we start talking about being a top 10 team. I'm not really sure what more we can be doing in either sport. We already have the facilities and the right coaches in place. If we were a few hundred miles farther south it would help a lot.
JK37, ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 11th, 2023, 5:29 pm Adding another full time assistant coach for softball and baseball have been overdue for awhile. There's no doubt we'll take advantage and it should help us slightly along with our move to better competition in C-USA and the new indoor facility. I would I love to see us make a super regional before we start talking about being a top 10 team. I'm not really sure what more we can be doing in either sport. We already have the facilities and the right coaches in place. If we were a few hundred miles farther south it would help a lot.
Hasn’t that been done?
By Ill flame
JK37 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:20 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 11th, 2023, 5:29 pm Adding another full time assistant coach for softball and baseball have been overdue for awhile. There's no doubt we'll take advantage and it should help us slightly along with our move to better competition in C-USA and the new indoor facility. I would I love to see us make a super regional before we start talking about being a top 10 team. I'm not really sure what more we can be doing in either sport. We already have the facilities and the right coaches in place. If we were a few hundred miles farther south it would help a lot.
Hasn’t that been done?
We've made it to the regionals multiple times in each sport. I don't remember making it to a super regional but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:29 pm
JK37 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:20 pm
Hasn’t that been done?
We've made it to the regionals multiple times in each sport. I don't remember making it to a super regional but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That is why I said we are a top 40(ish) Program - a ways to go to be considered a top 10 - Cal State Fullerton, Wichita State types of the non P5.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Does that mean Ballcoach will finally be on Dot's payroll, or will she hire McCracken instead? :oldhag vs. :pbjtime
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 7:33 am I’d watch that reality show.
If ballcoach ever got an actual coaching job it would make Must See TV
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TF used to say that Ballcoach was a volunteer assistant coach at Gretna High School, and that he was OVERPAID. :lol: :rofl
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The 3rd paid assistant coach for baseball and softball is long over due. Now the NCAA needs to increase the number of scholarships for baseball and softball. Currently it's 11.7. Should be increased to at least 15, but maybe as many as 18.
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:47 am The 3rd paid assistant coach for baseball and softball is long over due. Now the NCAA needs to increase the number of scholarships for baseball and softball. Currently it's 11.7. Should be increased to at least 15, but maybe as many as 18.
There was a big push to increase scholarship limits for both sports but they postponed the vote for a couple years to see how the current changes effect college sports. With the NCAA caving everytime someone threatens a lawsuit it seems like only a matter of time.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]