This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we are saving our good play for the postseason... Lost the first 2 games to Kennesaw.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m not sure there is any good play.
We inexplicably started 11-1…21-19 since then. Very very “mehh” team. I keep trying to convince myself that our pitching can carry us through but it’s getting harder to believe. I don’t really see a realistic path for us to make the tournament at this point.
I truly hope I’m wrong.
By Ill flame
Last I checked we had an rpi around 40. Our conference tourney is specifically designed to improve everyone's rpi. As long as we perform well there we should get an at large bid.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 20th, 2022, 11:59 pm Last I checked we had an rpi around 40. Our conference tourney is specifically designed to improve everyone's rpi. As long as we perform well there we should get an at large bid.
aredd33 wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:56 pm “mehh”
At least there's softball!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:50 am
At least there's softball!
LU playing Duke at 1:00 on ESPN+ :clapping
By LUDad
Someone needs to take charge and call off everone else on pop flys. Had a number of costly errors on them lately. Win today and get #1 overall seed, take care of business and get on a run.

BTW, also have golf in nationals.
Baybird liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Buckle up boys…time for Fluharty
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I understand there was an error made but he’s got to come out.
Yes, the error sucks but he still gave up the other hits.
Jackson has banged his head on this wall enough already
By jmclaughlin
Our infield defense is untenable
Just cost us 5 runs and has been the biggest difference in every game this series. Pitchers know they have to strike someone out because Any ball in play in the infield is an adventure. Logan is a beast over there but the other 3 are <<average
By jmclaughlin
Foster has 4 errors in the series. All on Routine ground balls that are fielded fine, followed by 2 crow hops and a cross arm throw. Mechanics are awful
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
If it’s a mental thing at this point it could be a battle to fix it.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: May 21st, 2022, 3:59 pm Foster has 4 errors in the series. All on Routine ground balls that are fielded fine, followed by 2 crow hops and a cross arm throw. Mechanics are awful
He's our first baseman next year.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m assuming the number one seed will come down to RPI now?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Warren Nolan has them at 41 and us at 43 after todays game. But the rest of todays results could still change that.
By LUDad
aredd33 wrote: May 21st, 2022, 4:55 pm Warren Nolan has them at 41 and us at 43 after todays game. But the rest of todays results could still change that.
I believe you got RPI before it was changed after the game. RPI is LU 40 KSU 43. LU should have #1 overall seed due to RPI.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:21 pm
aredd33 wrote: May 21st, 2022, 4:55 pm Warren Nolan has them at 41 and us at 43 after todays game. But the rest of todays results could still change that.
I believe you got RPI before it was changed after the game. RPI is LU 40 KSU 43. LU should have #1 overall seed due to RPI.
Okay good. The kool aid I’ve been drinking tells me we can make a nice little run here. Let’s hope Horn is healthy going into the tourney and first things first take care of business in the round robin pool play.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]