This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We drop game one of a huge conference series against FGCU. They walk it off on Fluharty in the 9th.

I know Fluharty was insanely dominate for the first half of the year but he’s been royally struggling lately.
9 appearances
14.2 innings
26 hits
8 walks
13 earned runs
It’s clear something is wrong with him and maybe Jackson needs to stop using him in such high leverage spots.
Unfortunately I think we’ve played our way out of a realistic chance at an at large bid but we are certainly good enough to win the tournament and make it to a regional.
Maybe it’s my bias or the kool-aid but I think we could possibly make a little noise in the tournament and make a super if we could just get in.
Anyway, let’s go get them tomorrow.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I haven’t seen any of the games at FGCU but with their offensive numbers as a team this year and as many homeurns hit in the first two games the field must be about the size of a Cracker Jack box.
We’ve put 19 today.
Stetson scores 3 in the top of the 9th to beat KSU so we’ll be 1 game up on KSU with 4 games remaining. And the last 3 will be against the Owls.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Final 23-3. That was a stomping. 6 of our players had 3 or more hits.

After watching York & Warner and our great broadcasts at home, the FGCU's Youtube video with single view from behind home plate and no play-by-play is brutal. The ASUN tournament is also being played in Fort Myers and there is no video listed on the Flames schedule. Hopefully, ESPN will be adding coverage.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We win today to take the series. Fluharty pitched 1.1 innings gave up 3 more hits and 1 run. I’m really concerned about him and Jackson continuing to use him late in close games.
KSU is up big today so we will go into the last series of the season up 1 game over them.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 15th, 2022, 3:36 pm We win today to take the series. Fluharty pitched 1.1 innings gave up 3 more hits and 1 run. I’m really concerned about him and Jackson continuing to use him late in close games.
KSU is up big today so we will go into the last series of the season up 1 game over them.
Thought he did a bit better today. The 3 hits were a dribbler off the end of the bat down the 3rd base line and 2 bloopers that got over the infield. Struck out 3 in the 9th inning!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Gotcha. I didn’t get to watch any of the game. Just keeping up with live stats.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]