This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:14 pm Yes. We bunt way too much.
It's called "small ball."
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th to walk off KSU in a game that just ended a few minutes ago.
Long day for those guys.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We were actually the only team from the east to win yesterday.
Pool A
LU 1-0
Lipscomb 1-0
KSU 0-1
FGCU 0-1

Pool B
EKU 1-0
JSU 1-0
UNF 0-1
JU 0-1

We've got KSU this morning at 11.
By LUOrange
Cider Jim wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:29 pm
LUOrange wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:14 pm Yes. We bunt way too much.
It's called "small ball."
I know what it's called. We still do it way too much.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We put up a 6 spot in the first. That’s 12 runs in KSU’s last 2 innings.
Great start to the day but I’m not sure 6 runs wins this game with their offense.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Also, Gulakowski has been going nuts these first two games. When he really gets going and is seeing the ball well it’s extremely impressive what he can do.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
And then we give them 5 in the top of the second. This will be another 16-12 type of game like last time we played.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
And after just 4 innings that 6 run lead has now completely evaporated.
I know yesterday was different with FGCU but the KSU and FGCU offense’s are just wild.
I know it’s not the coach’s approach but it’s almost like both teams said “hey, forget pitching and defense, we came here to slug” they can absolutely pound the ball.
Hopefully we will be able to keep up with these 1926 Murder’s Row Owls and score a few.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Good guys win 12-6. We will play in the semifinal on Friday just a matter of seeding left now with 1 pool game remaining.
flamehunter liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
A couple hour rain delay and about 12 innings between FGCU and Lipscomb wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We will be playing in the semifinals on Friday after our win yesterday.
After 2 days of pool play here are the records
Pool A
LU 2-0
FGCU 1-1
Lipscomb 1-1
KSU 0-2

Pool B
EKU 2-0
UNF 1-1
JSU 1-1
JU 0-2
The top 3 teams from pool A advance. Only the winner of pool B will advance.
We have Lipscomb today at 11.
Does anyone know anything about Garrett Horn? Has he been shut down for the season?
By LUDad
Lipscomb may be a bit hesitant to go to bull pin today. FGCU scoreless through 7. Lipscomb bullpen comes in in 8th and gves up double, single, walk, and had 4 hit-by-pitch batters to give up 6 runs in 8th.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
For the second game in a row we put up a 6 spot in the first. Good guys up 6-0 after 1.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A couple of little used pitchers (Moran and Miller)are making Jackson look like a genius, pitching solid innings starting games and saving our "best" for the finals, when opponent's staffs will be depleted. I can't say I recall a coach doing this before.
LUOrange liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, they’ve both been great today.
I can’t imagine EKU using any of their normal pitchers either since they have pinched their ticket.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We finish pool play 3-0. We will play EKU tomorrow. So let’s hope they have a nice 17 inning affair this afternoon.
FGCU is currently beating KSU 6-5 in the 8th. If that holds the other semifinal will be Lipscomb and FGCU.
If KSU comes back to win all three teams will be 1-2 so that’s something…
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Liberty_2023 wrote:Is the tournament affected if EKU loses?
No, they are in the semifinals regardless of today's outcome. So there's no logical reason for them to pitch any of their better pitchers today.
Liberty_2023 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I would assume so. I'm not familiar enough with their team to know.

KSU is the home team today and they have a 7-6 lead going to the 9th. If everyone is 1-2 I would assume they'd use RPI as the tie breaker which would leave Lipscomb out so KSU and FGCU would have a rematch tomorrow.
That KSU offense scares me quite a bit.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 2:11 pm I would assume so. I'm not familiar enough with their team to know.

KSU is the home team today and they have a 7-6 lead going to the 9th. If everyone is 1-2 I would assume they'd use RPI as the tie breaker which would leave Lipscomb out so KSU and FGCU would have a rematch tomorrow.
KSU vs. Lipscomb
LU vs EKU
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
aredd33 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 2:11 pm I would assume so. I'm not familiar enough with their team to know.

KSU vs. Lipscomb
LU vs EKU
Yeah, I just figured that one out. This is actually working out pretty good for the conference all 4 teams remaining were tied for first in their respective divisions.
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]