This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty_2023
RPI as of this morning is 33. If UNC and Florida win their respective championships can that increase our RPI?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not a big fan of a baseball tourney format where you can go 4-0 and then get knocked out with one loss to a team you beat in round Robin play. They could have kept everything else the same, but made it double elimination.
LUOrange liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 29th, 2022, 9:26 am Not a big fan of a baseball tourney format where you can go 4-0 and then get knocked out with one loss to a team you beat in round Robin play. They could have kept everything else the same, but made it double elimination.
I thought about that too. The number one seed rolls through the tournament undefeated then plays a 2 loss team one game for the title.
Seems a little odd there was no reward or advantage at all. If it does all come down to one game like that it should be set up so that losing teams have to play an extra game somewhere along the way.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ASUN format doesn't make sense. Anyone who loses 2 games in conference tournament should be home watching championship game on TV.
I predict LU to go to Blacksburg Regional if we get at large bid.
JK37, LUOrange liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I can appreciate orchestrating a tourney to boost RPI. But how does it help RPI to have your undefeated 1-seed and lose one game and get no chance to redeem themselves?
LUOrange liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
By my count we are 9-7 against conference champions.
KSU 4-4
Campbell 1-1
VCU 0-1
UNC 1-1
Canisius 3-0
We are 2-1 against Florida who just got started in their game against Tennessee. So hopefully by the end of the day that record will improve to 11-8. If I missed any teams or miscounted or anything please let me know.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
On the Florida Tennessee broadcast they had us listed as part of the last four in.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Selection Committee scares me. Wake Forest has RPI of 6, won 40 games, but wasn't selected as a Regional host. :dontgetit
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 29th, 2022, 11:25 pm Are we cutting it that close?!
I’ve been searching around for different projections. Haven’t found one where we have been left out yet. 3 seed at Maryland seems to be the most common regional for us. I’ve also seen several sites list us as part of the last 4 in.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 30th, 2022, 5:54 am Selection Committee scares me. Wake Forest has RPI of 6, won 40 games, but wasn't selected as a Regional host. :dontgetit
That RPI of 6 is soft. They hardly scheduled anybody ooc. Tons of cream puffs early in the year. Too many losses for that.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
KSU held a late lead on LSU but gave up 10! in the 8th to fall 14-11.
Campbell beat Georgia Tech. If Campbell was in literally any other region I’d say they have a really good shot at advancing to supers. I just don’t really see it happening since they are in Knoxville.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That’s awesome. What a fantastic interview. He represents the university on and off the field so well. Hopefully an MLB team takes a chance on him in next months draft.
He mentioned Will Wagner and Fraser Ellard from last years team so I looked them up.
Fraser has a 2.08 ERA with 5 Ks in 4.1 innings for the White Sox double A affiliate. Most of his time this season was in high A but apparently we recently moved up.
Will is currently listed on the double A roster for the Astros but has no stats yet so I assume he was just called up in the last day or two.
In high A this year he hit .276 with 4 HRs and a .797 OPS playing 1B, 2B, and 3B. He actually pitched 1.1 scoreless innings last year. So that’s pretty cool.
Baybird liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I can’t remember if it was mentioned on the board or not but Clemson fired their coach a few weeks ago. I was a little concerned they may be looking into Jackson but anyway they have hired Michigan’s coach.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Looking at draft prospects. Campbell has 2 projected to go 1st round (Neto and Harrington) :shock:

Harrington beat us 7-0 and Neto had 2 HRs in 1st of 2 games. Neto 5-7 with 3 HRs 5 RBIs in 2 game series.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Neto is foolishly good. I talked about him in the draft thread. Campbell will likely have a first rounder next year in Keuhler(sp?) their other really good starting pitcher.

Anybody heard anything about transfers yet? Coming in or going out?
I’ve looked several times online trying to find out who is doing what but I can’t seem to find anything like 247 does for football and basketball.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
There was nobody from Liberty at the MLB combine today. It was about 250 players from high school and college at Petco Park in San Diego for it.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:17 pm Rumor Control says we are getting a big time player off Transfer Portal.
Looks like a solid pick up for sure. Will probably help out but I’m not sure big time player is the right way to describe him.
olldflame liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There was a time when if any player who was a contributor at Clemson were to come to Liberty, it would be a "big time" get. Clemson is not what it used to be. It will be interesting to see if Troyer is used as a pitcher or position player. He did a little of both for the Tigers, but Jackson has not done much of that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]