This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We are 9-6 in ASUN play hosting UNF who is 6-9 in ASUN play. We won the series on the road 2-1 early in the year.

Since we are half way through the conference season now I thought I'd look at the tournament as things stand now. The top three from each division make it and then the next 2 highest in RPI regardless of division. It's extremely important to make it into pool A for the round robin play as 3 teams from pool A advance while only 1 team from pool B will advance.
Pool A
1-KSU
2-Lipscomb
3-Liberty
4-FGCU

Pool B
5-Jacksonville
6-Eastern Kentucky
7-North Florida
8-Central Arkansas

Here is the format and more information on the tournament.
https://asunsports.prestosports.com/spo ... hip_Format
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Decent start to tonight’s game. We put up a 6 spot in the first. Gulakowski with a 3-run tater off the scoreboard.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Sweet fancy Moses. Gulakowski with a grand slam in the second. 13-0 good guys.
Last edited by aredd33 on April 22nd, 2022, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flameshaw liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Gulakowski added a solo shot to go 4-4 with 8 RBI and 4 runs scored. Hope this is a sign of things to come. With him and Logan warming up we could be very tough out come tournament time.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I'm glad Coach Jackson was more patient with Logan Mathieu than I would have been. His defense remains stellar and he's now closer to reaching his potential at the plate. This team is definitely more fun to watch now than a few weeks ago.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The live stats as well as the video coverage have both conked out on me here at the worst time. Updates on the 9th inning would be greatly appreciated.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:31 pm The live stats as well as the video coverage have both conked out on me here at the worst time. Updates on the 9th inning would be greatly appreciated.
NF got two on in top 9, but Fluharty struck out the side around those two hits - both weakly hit but in lucky spots. Flames win 5-4.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Thank you flamehunter. Worst timing possible for technical issues.
KSU lost today so we move to 1 game back.
flamehunter liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:43 pm Thank you flamehunter. Worst timing possible for technical issues.
Stats were frozen to 6th inning for me but I still had the video feed.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:44 pm
aredd33 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:43 pm Thank you flamehunter. Worst timing possible for technical issues.
Stats were frozen to 6th inning for me but I still had the video feed.
That’s exactly what happened to me.
I tried multiple times to check the score on ESPN+ and it just wouldn’t cooperate.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We win game 3 10-9 to complete the sweep. Can Foster with a huge hit in the bottom of the 8th to put us on top. Our first 4 win week in a very long time.
By tyndal23
aredd33 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 4:29 pm We win game 3 10-9 to complete the sweep. Can Foster with a huge hit in the bottom of the 8th to put us on top. Our first 4 win week in a very long time.
Entertaing, a little sloppy. They pushed us hard after game 1. What happened to ump? He got hit or have a medical issue?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I think he got too hot. Some sort of medical issue but never got hit that I can remember. It all happened between innings.
tyndal23 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]